Chapter 15- Came Here To Forget

Beep. Beep. Beep.
Ugh. Monday has come way to fast for my liking, but I'm still buzzing from Saturday night. I drag myself to the bathroom and carry out my normal routine; clothes, hair, mascara, and then I'm done. Luckily, I've never been one of those girls to take an hour getting ready in the morning. I hear the honk of Will's truck so I grab my Converse and rush out the door. Leah needed a ride too, so she's in the back and I'm glad to be with my favorite people.

The ride to school is too short like always, but I enjoy it while it lasts. After all, school is over in around a month. Our last day is a week after Prom. We roll all the windows down and blast the radio.

"Will!" I screech, clapping my hands together.

"What?" He asks, looking nervous.

"It's are song!" I excitedly respond making him laugh.

It's getting hot in here,
So take off all your clothes.

We all sing along and I want to stay in this moment forever, until Will has to park the truck and we all crawl out. As I step inside the school I once again have an audience and there are papers scattered all around. Immediately I freeze when I see what's on them.

Lou Elle Involved In Fatal Car Crash
Father In Hospital

No. How did anyone find out about this? We never told anyone, my mom and I just went on with our daily lives to avoid all the drama, but now everyone knows. I try to hold back my tears and find the source of who did this, but I think I know. Brittany. She's standing with all of her minions laughing and acting like nothing is going on.

"You!" I sneer, grabbing her by the shoulder so she's facing me.

"What do you mean?" She replies, an evil grin on her face.

"You know damn well what I mean!" I roar, barely containing my anger.

"I told you not to mess with me or I'd make your life hell. Welcome to it."

Before she can say anything else I grab her by the hair and throw her against the lockers. Guys can't hit girls but I sure as hell can.

"And I told you if you messed with me I would break you." I hiss, and throw a punch at her nose.

I'm about to do it again when someone grabs my fist and drags me away. Will is holding my hand and I realize he must hate me right now. He's seen a part of me he was never meant to and I feel the tears I was holding in start to fall rapidly.

"Lou, it's okay." He says, trying to soothe the pain.

"I-I can't," my sentence won't come out so I take off running. I don't even know where I'm going, just away from this place. My heart is beating rapidly and it's getting hard to breathe. Panic attack, I'm having a panic attack and need to get outside or I'll black out. I turn down the hallway and go to the emergency exit taking deep breaths as I feel the warm air on my cheeks.

My pace slows down as I get further from the school but I don't stop running until it's out of sight. The tears in my eyes are causing my vision to blur, so I decide to stop at a large Maple tree. I grab hold on the first branch I see and hoist myself up going as I can. Climbing trees has always been something I'm good at. My dad taught me how when I was younger and ever since the accident I've felt closer to him when I'm in the trees.

I sob until I physically have no more tears left in me. Afterwards I lean back and close my eyes but the memory of the day of the crash replays constantly in my mind. The screech of the tires, my dad trying to get back on the road, the sirens. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear a voice behind me, not Will, but Leah.