Chapter 6- Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice

The box I opened had a card with my name in beautiful calligraphy on it. I opened it with shaky hands and began to read.

Lou, I can't wait for our date on Saturday. I really hope you like this and I hope it wasn't to bold. Anyway, see you Saturday! -Will

Oh my gosh, he got me a present?! The smile on my face was huge as I lifted the tissue paper out of the box. It was filled with a single red rose with something wrapped around the stem. It was a beautiful charm bracelet with a book and water tower on it. That was where we had our first date! This guy is so full of surprises. Nobody has ever done anything like this before and I am on the brink of tears. I needed something like this to make me happier again.
I quickly rush up stairs and call Leah telling her we need to go shopping for clothes for the date on Saturday. I can't wait to tell her about this!

When I wake up the sun is shining in my eyes and I rush to get ready. After eating breakfast the doorbell rings and Leah is here.

"Hi Lou." She tells me,  still looking very tired which I can understand because I did tell her to come early. 

"Hi!!!" I say while making a big gesture with my hand hoping she sees the bracelet.

"Why are you acting so wei- what is that?" She asks me as she raises her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I ask her, playing dumb.

"You know darn well what I mean! Where did you get that bracelet? It's so pretty!" She exclaims, grabbing my wrist and examining it closely.

"Let's see, who could possibly give me a bracelet? I mean maybe it's the guy I'm going on a date with Saturday???" I squeal jumping up and down.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it, this is so sweet of him to do. I mean you're not even dating him which means he must really like you!" She replies, looking like she can't believe he did something like this, which I can't either.

"I don't know if he really even likes me that much." I answer, looking at the floor.

Leah is looking at me like I'm delusional. "Huh, whatever Lou, how about we head out then?"

I follow her out the door. We get into the car and blast the radio while we sing our hearts out to Shawn Mendes.

"Oh I've been shaking
I love it when you go crazy
Baby there's nothin' holdin' me back!"

When we get to the mall our first stop is at my favorite store, Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice. As soon as we walk in my eye lands on a yellow sundress that lands just above the knees. It has a woven back with off the shoulder sleeves, which reminds me of a dress you would wear to the beach. I decide to pull it from the rack and try it on. I also grab a pair of lace up brown boots that go up to my knees.

When I step out of the dressing room I ask Leah what she thinks.

"Girl, when he sees that dress on you he is never going to take his eyes off you! It looks great!" She tells me, giving me the "you have to get that or else,"  Look.

"I like it too. I mean usually I don't go for dresses but I really like it. And you, you look awesome in that blue dress. It brings out your eyes like crazy!" I tell her. We change back into our normal clothes and check out. It's super rare that we find something in the first store we go into, so we got lucky today.

After stopping to eat Leah drops me off at home and I tell her I'll see her tomorrow. After heading inside I decide I'm going to go visit my dad.

As I walk into my dads room I see that he doesn't seem to be looking any better. I will him to wake up and pray for him but nothing happens. I pull a chair near the bed turn on the TV and enjoy the time I still have with him. Even though he can't talk he is still here with me.