Chapter Three - An Accident

Earlier comments on this chapter has been deleted as they would not make any sense with the revised version of 'Tere Liye'. Just a note to old readers, those comments are still very special for me and I have them stored with me to cherish forever. I just don't want any confusion for new readers.

Hope you enjoy! :)

___________________________

Like any other day, the sun in Delhi was bestowing everyone with its intense beams as Khushi stood by the roadside holding in her hands a plate of golgappas.

She looked around, taking her time to chew and appreciate the ball of deliciousness in her mouth. She noted that unlike her and the pumped family members, people that walked along the street weren't too fond of the heat. She could see their scornful faces, especially the ladies who passed by her, complaining about how the sweat was washing off all their make-up and how they regretted stepping out of their houses.

All these remarks then probed her to wonder whether this heat was the reason why the usually chaotic roads of Delhi were so quiet today with minimal cars passing by.

Shrugging the thought, she turned her eyes towards her family who weren't in a better state. The beams of the sun were heating up their skins and on top of that, the spicy golgappas they were having, were not helping either.

She felt a laugh bubbling in her chest as she looked at their faces turning more and more red by each passing second. But at the end of the day, all that mattered was that they were happy and together after such a long time.

Isn't it?

"Arrey Khushi, you still haven't finished your first plate? C'mon hurry up!"

Her chain of thoughts broke as she looked up at her sister. She had the back of her hand pressed against her full mouth as she spoke. Next to her, Manorama stood fanning her tongue while asking the vendor to make her plate more spicy. Both the sights ignited a chuckle from Khushi and she nodded as Payal turned back to Akash.

Khushi held the round crisp in her fingers but unknowingly, her mind drifted to another musing when she saw Payal blushing over something Akash was whispering to her. Seeing the hue on her sister's face reminded her of her own state this morning during her small intimate encounter with Arnav.

Just thinking about him and his husky voice made her heart flutter in an unknown emotion, bringing up to her face the brightest shade of red. She wasn't used to all this, to this intimacy. As much as she loved him and him being around like this, the truth remained just that. Maybe it was because of the past they shared or because of the sulky nature she has always seen him in. That's why whenever she sees that new side of him, she loses her ability to think properly. Just like she did this morning - when he had kissed her.

Butterflies flapped their wings furiously in her stomach, flying around like a mess and making her stomach knot funnily as she thought about their date tonight. She didn't know what to expect but whatever she anticipated came with a slight hope that they would get time to actually talk. Not that she isn't as eager as him to forget the outside world while loving each other, just like they once did that night in the farmhouse. She would give up anything for that, just to feel his love, his flaming passion for her again. But this time, before moving forward, she needed to talk to him. She doesn't about what but she just needed to. Though words were not needed between them, she just wanted to have a normal conversation with him first - simply find out things such as what he likes and dislikes, not just what ASR likes and dislikes. As strange as it might sound, they never truly got the chance to converse like a normal couple - never got the chance to open up about themselves beyond the pain they carried, and she just hoped that tonight would be different.