Chapter Fifteenth - Destroyed In Love

A big thanks to my mumma, @ShaniceKazmi who proofread and edited this chapter for me before I first posted it. Her writing skills really did save me time while I was editing it. :)

__________________________

Sitting on the chair, Khushi could only gape at the doctor in shock. Eventually, her shock turned to tears then the tears turned into a small smile and then the smile turned into the biggest joy she ever felt in her whole life.

"Ar..are...s..sure doc..tor?" She stuttered, not being able to believe what she just heard.

"Yes Khushi. I am sure, you are pregnant." The doctor confirmed with a smile.

"I..I..am..pr..pre.. pregnant!?" Khushi whispered in a trance. She looked down at her tummy where the symbol of her and Arnav's love is residing and touched it tenderly.

"I am pregnant...I am pregnant!!" She cried out of joy. Tears of happiness rolled down her cheeks and her lips stretched to the widest smile while the doctor could only look at her with a smile, knowing the feeling of motherhood well.

"There's a symbol of our love within me! I....I'm going to be a mother and Arnavji a..... a Father! A Baby is coming! She'll call me "Mumma!" and Arnavji "Papa!" Jaldi se aao baccha! Mumma is waiting for you!" Khushi thought as she lightly stroked the unborn within her womb.

"Khushi, now you have to take good care of yourself. You are very weak and also quite young to have a baby. So, you need to be extra careful." The doctor's voice brought Khushi back from her dreamland as she started panicking.

"Is there any complications, doctor? My baby will be fine, right?" She asked as if alarmed whilst her hand hugged her stomach protectively.

"No no, there is no complications but as this is your first pregnancy, that too at such young age, you need to take all the precautions to avoid problems in future. Neither emotional nor physical stress is good for you. So, be careful, ok?" The doctor explained and that gave Khushi relief.

Nodding, she exited the cabin after thanking the doctor. Lost in her own world of a new found happiness as she pictured her and Arnav with the symbol of their love, she didn't notice Sheetal standing outside the cabin with wide eyes and open mouth.

Sheetal came to the hospital for a routine check-up when she noticed Khushi. Feeling curious, she followed her and overheard the entire conversation between her and the doctor.

"Khu.. Khushi pregnant?" Sheetal whispered in disbelief. She felt as if someone pulled the rug off her feet and she stumbled against the wall, her breaths coming out in whoosh at this piece of information.

She racked her hand through her hair, her mind going into shambles.

If Khushi is pregnant then that means with the arrival of the baby, her relationship with Arnav will strengthen even more.

Sheetal's eyes widened in shock.

"No No No NO! This can't be happening! No! Just no.." Murmuring these words to herself, she slumped on the waiting bench in denial.

"If once the symbol of Arnav and Khushi's love comes into this world then there is no way I will be able to attain Arnav! How will I live then? How will I stay without Arnav?" She cried out tears of dismal. For a second, she saw her whole world crumble in front of her. She saw herself, going back into the darkness of depression into which she had been burning for years, before she at last set out to find her love, her Arnav - the same Arnav she is on the verge of losing forever.