Chapter Eleven - Family Time

The next morning Arnav had left for office earlier than usual. It was the day of his much awaited and much important presentation - the same one that had been sort of a barrier between him and Khushi and he was more than glad to be ending it at last. 

It was by noon that it was finally over and that too on a successful note. AR had bagged the contract and as a gesture of gratitude, he granted all the employees who helped in the project a half day knowing how much effort and time it took to plan it all. He himself then left for home early along with Akash and Sheetal, the duo whose excitement gladdened everyone's heart back home.

 *

"I was thinking of something." 

Arnav announced over the mumbles of his jovial family who were congratulating them for their success. Khushi was right beside him on the couch, her hand in his to show her happiness for him. The mumbles fell into silence, when they directed their attention to Arnav. 

He straightened his back. "This past week, this past year actually has been quite rough for all of us. We haven't had much time for each other. I haven't had much time to even talk to you guys properly. So, I was thinking, why don't we all spend the weekend at our farmhouse? Together. What say?"

His eyes darted at every face that stared back at him, in silence. Their mouths were hanging a bit low and their eyes opened and closed hastily, making them look as if they were struck by a ghost. 

His brows furrowed at the stupefied reactions he was getting.  

"What?" 

Anjali was the first one to come out of her shock and she shook her head sideways. "What nahi Chotte. What the-?" 

Her eyes widened more and she leaned against a gaping Akash, dramatically. "Is this even real? You, The ASR with a capital 'T' is, is planning to spend some time with his family when the doors of his office are well open and his laptop has not been struck by any virus?"

Arnav's eyes rolled whilst Khushi laughed by his side. If this would have happened months ago, then she would have for sure been as much in shock as Anjali and the rest. But after having seen the various shades of him, she already well knew this one side that he bared and that craved for some family time. 

His voice, peaked with annoyance, made Khushi look away from Anjali and at him as he grumbled. 

"You know what, you're right. I should probably stick with the office and-"

"NO!" 

Khushi's laugh intensified at the blasting retaliation of the members, which in turn caused Arnav to shake his head at his hopeless family. 

Anjali gave out a jumpy chuckle. "Arrey Chotte, you got offended? We were just joking, chill. The idea is good and since it came from you, it's even more good. No need to cancel it, we will go, for family time. Right?"

Her statement was followed by several nods by those who turned their teasing mode off lest Arnav actually cancels the plan which seemed to be almost like a once in a life time opportunity. 

"Of course!" NK squealed, "After all, how often do we get to hear such nice and exciting things from Nannav that we will refuse to agree?" He said and was on the verge of chortling when Arnav flashed him a deadly glare, almost making him choke as he swallowed the bubble of laughter instantly, not wanting to be strangulated by his brother's hands instead. 

He cleared his throat and stood up to escape from The ASR, stating that he needed to start his packing soon. The rest followed suit as they dispersed around trying to discuss the outing, all while making it sound like the biggest occasion in the history of their lives.