Chapter Nineteen - Coursing Shock

The door opened and Sheetal came out of the washroom after a long and relaxing bath. It was much needed after what happened an hour ago, especially since her head just won't stop thumping.

That same damned whisper pulsated in her brain again and she slumped on the bed, her head in her vice grip. She groaned, unable to clear the headache. It was hard, especially when so many thoughts were rushing through her all at once. The biggest being - who was the one to pull up such a prank on her?

Her head throbbed again and with an attempt to halt the causal musings, she stood up and approach the wardrobe for some medicines. 

Maybe it was an illusion after all. As Arnav said, everyone was downstairs at that time and there was no way an intruder could just come and go without the guards noticing him. It might have been truly a made up thing of her mind, resulting from the countless nightmares she's been having ever since that day. 

A chill ran up her spine and she clutched the door as her screams reverberated in her ears, followed closely by the deafening explosion of her car. Dense black smoke spread its unpleasant taste in her mouth before making a scalding journey down her throat and into her stomach, forcing the air out of her body and with a start, she slammed the wardrobe door shut, breathing heavily.

When she first came here in search for Arnav, she had in her mind all sort of vicious plans but murder was definitely not a part of it. No, she doesn't regret anything she did. How could she when that one act drove Arnav so close to her in mere days? But as much as Arnav's acceptance was gladdening, the fact remains that killing someone was the most terrifying experience of her entire life - the memories of which are bound to haunt her for a while.

She shook her head and cleared the image of herself -scrambling as far as she could from the searing smoke and sight of her car turning into smithereens - before turning around to reach the jug of water kept next to her bed. 

An obnoxiously loud crashing sound took her by surprise, and she stared at the droplets of water she accidentally spilled on herself, before she peered over her shoulder. Her eyes squinted at the french door that peered into the garden darkened by the night.

Seeing no one, she shrugged and gulped her medicines when the same sound, just with a higher notch, resonated in her room. It continued, before changing into a weird cracking sound as if a kid was deliberately jumping on twigs in an attempt to rile the one watching over them.

Her facial muscles twitched and keeping the half-empty glass on the table, she waited for a few seconds to register the noise properly and once she was sure this was no game of her own mind, anger peaked. 

"I swear to God.." She veered back, gritting through grounded teeth. Her baby hair stuck on her forehead which dampened with precipitation of pure rage as she slid the door open with an equal violence to see the culprit. 

But as soon as her feet touched cold ground in the biting cold darkness, she felt a sudden discharge of electricity through her. Her body ached with a splintering intensity as the current jarred through it, sending her few steps backwards and onto the floor of her bedroom.

Her breaths turned shaky as she breathed too quickly, curling her body into a ball when every single nerve within her convulsed violently. As a result, her mouth and throat turned parched and as she attempt to swallow, a sheer sting danced all over her tongue. Tears escaped her drooping eyes continuously and she felt the darkness that was outside creep up on her but before it could blind her vision completely, she felt another vibration in her body as she saw a familiar figure walk towards her. 

Owing to her blurry vision, she couldn't see her face properly but knowing very well who she was already, Sheetal made a futile attempt to back herself away. A loud beep reverberated in her ears and mind, before it turned to a dirge as her lashes fell on her ghostly skin.