Chapter Thirty-Two - Alleviation

Once again, hail to @ShaniceKazmi who helped me write this chapter. :)

_________________

It's been three months since the dark clouds of unhinged obsession left the Raizada family.

Sheetal was arrested and upon trial, was sentenced 9 years of imprisonment; 3 years for fraud and manipulation, 4 years for the attempt of murder and mental harassment on Khushi and 2 years for killing the unborn child in her womb. But before her imprisonment, the court had strictly ordered to get her consulted by a psychiatrist owing to the maddening behavior she had shown in the courtroom. 

If anyone's mind drifted back to that day, they would automatically shudder remembering how, screaming and crying, Sheetal ran to Arnav and had forcibly hugged him. If not for his family, the latter would have surely raised his hands on her and disfigure one side of her face, for she was not ready to leave him. She even attacked the officers who separated her from him and would have shot herself if the other officers wouldn't have held her - all while screeching and cursing out loud.

Everyone sitting in the courtroom was taken aback by her violent behaviour, except the disgusted Raizadas. They had already witness her vileness while she was mercilessly narrating her torture on Khushi. Nothing more can shock them about this woman.

With great difficulty they had then managed to take her away in the mental hospital ambulance and that moment was probably the most satisfying moment in Arnav's life. The fact that he finally succeeded in giving his wife the full justice she deserved, was a great feeling. Along with him, the entire family rejoiced.

However, if that day was said to the last day of their miseries then it was a lie.

After sending Sheetal to her deserved place, their only motive was to cure Khushi. She was already back in RM the day Sheetal was sentenced, according to the wish of Arnav who knew that no place other than his room and poolside will bring Khushi more peace. Those spots were after all the witness of their many moments and he was sure that the familiar atmosphere will do its best to heal her. 

The Guptas were also back from Lucknow after Payal managed to narrate them all that happened and the day they came back, was another day of cries and apology. Garima and Madhumati had both folded their hands in front of Arnav whilst Shashi's eyes held utter guilt for having doubting Arnav to such extent. And before a flabbergasted Arnav could stop them, his own family found the courage to apologize for their hurtful accusations. He had a time controlling them all, especially his sister who wouldn't stop crying after realizing that she termed him a betrayer like their father while all he was doing was protect his wife and avenge his child's murder.

"Please, don't apologize. Any of you. I, I don't blame you for what you said and did because that's exactly what I was expecting. You did not hurt me, you guys instead made me proud with your understanding and love for Khushi. Even though you loved me, you did not support my wrong actions and that's a matter of pride, not shame."

Arnav had said to them all whilst consoling Anjali in his arms, at last putting a stop on their crying session - partly because they were actually not to be blamed and partly because all this commotion was happening with Khushi in the house and the last thing he wanted was her to hear them cry profusely. 

That was another thing Arnav had to manage apart from their apologies - their mourning. He had to constantly remind them that crying won't bring Khushi back, but a small pretence of happiness would, and they tried their hardest to act accordingly. 

Devyani and Manorama would always fake funny fights in front her and NK would read her some books and jokes while Akash would correct his incorrigible Hindi.