Chapter Twenty - Aghast

"I am sure this is all a plan of this family. Of course it's them. They never liked me being close with Arnav and that's why they are doing all this. They think they'll scare me away on the name of Khushi? Like hell they will."

Sheetal muttered as she paced the length of her room. She has been thinking over this matter since the past half an hour before reaching this conclusion.

It must be it and it seems so much simpler and even plausible for them to be the culprit, she thought as she sat on the bed, seething at the audacity of these people.

If they really think they would be able to separate her from Arnav then they are mistaken. She has tread a long way. Did so many things, crossed so many limits that she can't retrace her path and accept defeat. That's not an option for her. In contrast, the only thing left for her to do is move forward and eliminate anything or anyone that blocked her path. 

Her fists gripped the bed sheet as anger seared through her again, triggering that same madness that once reigned her when she was at risk of loosing Arnav to Khushi and her baby.

If they want to play games then they are most welcome to do so, but then, the consequences they'll face can't be blamed at her. She has already taken one life, two if she now thinks about it and if staying with Arnav required taking more, she would gladly do it. Without even flinching. 

The terrifying glint in her eyes faltered and she stood with a start, hearing a tumbling sound outside her room.

Well, looks like someone is not tired of playing games for the night.

She mentally muttered as she walked towards the door and outside her room, this time being careful of where she was keeping her feet. She then tip toed along the corridor, following the footsteps she was hearing, then froze as she reached the end of staircase and saw a shadow pass by on the wall. 

"Now I'll teach you a lesson. In just one day you have made my life a living hell, now it's your turn." She gritted. Taking hold of the vase from the table, she hurried behind the pillar and positioned herself and watched the shadow intently, keeping track on when to attack.

Smirking, she lifted the vase over her head and jumped out from her hiding to strike just as the shadow approached. However, a familiar screech, followed the shattering of glass froze her to the spot, as she realised who was really in front of her. 

"Payal?"

She yelled, incredulously at the shaking figure in front of her. She glanced down, the shards of the broken jug everywhere. Looking back up at Payal who hid her face behind her palms, dreading the hit, she opened her mouth to speak - to ask her clearly what she was doing here despite the answer being quite obvious. 

Nevertheless, her words never got to escape her throat as soon after, the dim hall enlightened and the sounds of running feet resonated as the entire family rushed down, panicking at the bloody-Mary scream they just heard.

"Payal?" Escaped Akash's bewildered mouth as he rushed to her shivering form, scared to death since he identified that cry as hers. 

"Are you, are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?" He asked, taking her hands off her face to inspect any injuries.

"A-akash.." Payal in turn exhaled, deeply in relief. She held on to him, pointing towards a visibly shocked Sheetal.

"She's-she's crazy, Akash! I was just coming back to our room with water when she tried hitting me with that vase!" She accused, her round eyes both angry and surprised as they stared at the psychotic lady in front of her.

Everyone gasped, then gaped at Sheetal when they caught the sight of the vase actually in her hands. Sheetal noticed their gaze and that was when she realized she had been still holding onto the vase. She unclasped it from her fingers hurriedly, its crashing sound causing everyone to retreat and look at her with an increased fret, fearing that she might have actually lost her mind.