Chapter Twenty-Nine - The End

Sheetal sat upright on her bed, her eyes brooding as she switched from channel to channel in search for something to watch and pass her time with. She groaned when she didn't find anything and flung the remote aside, purely vexed by her own helplessness - whereby she could no longer even move without someone else's help, leading her to be stuck in the same place for hours. 

"Kya karoon? Uth bhi nahi sakti aur kuch interesting bhi nahi aaraha. Yeh Arnav aur Aarav bahar jaane ka plan mere theek hone Ke baad nahi bana sakte the? Woh wahan masti kar rahe honge aur main yahan bore horahi hoon! Kisi aur se toh kuch umeed nahi kar sakti...baat karna toh door woh toh mera chehra bhi nahi dekhna chahate! (What do I do? I can't even move and on top of that, there is nothing interesting to watch. Couldn't Arnav and Aarav make the plan of going out after I recover? They must be enjoying there and here I am, in boredom! I can't even expect anything from the others...they don't even like to see my face, talking with me is out of question!)" She ended her monologue with a twinge of hurt and huffed, reaching for the remote again as she started skimming through the channels, again

At last, she switched to Star Gold and saw the movie Housefull 3 starting. Compromising on that itself, she adjusted her position and started watching the movie. She was laughing at the second scene where the female leads were speaking in Hindi when suddenly, the channel switched by itself. 

"What the heck?" She muttered looking at the TV and tried to switch the channel again but nothing was happening. It was as if stuck on that channel where a Baba was giving speech on Karma and its consequences. 

She felt uncomfortable and started slapping the remote before trying again but nothing was happening. Finally, agitated by it all, she tried to switch the TV off.

"What the heck man??" Escaped her mouth again when the switch off button was not working either. Groaning, she got up slowly and walked towards the TV to switch it off through the power button and was about to go back and lay in her bed when a loud crashing sound made her jump. 

She frowned and was about to take a step forward when another loud noise boomed in the air, forcing her to retreat in fret. She clasped her hand on her chest over her racing heart and tried peering through her ajar bedroom door at whatever was outside.

"A-anjali-di? Payal?" She called out, quailed at another strange happening. Her heart skipped a beat at the eerie silence that welcomed her and she started moving towards the door, tentatively poking her head out to look around. 

She saw no one. No one at all. 

"Anjali di? Payal..Akash?" She shouted, but heard only the echo of her own voice.

She swallowed her fears as she stepped outside, desperately trying to catch the sight of anyone. The thought that she might just be alone in the house ran in her mind and a fright took over as she then pondered over how vulnerable she was right now. If the person who has been doing all this to her comes again, then she's for sure doomed.