Chapter 3

Hazel's POV:
I woke up and remembered that I was at the laboratory. I sat up and looked to see a sleeping Barry next to me. I reached over and tapped him lightly. "Barry?" I whispered. He shifted his body in the chair he was sleeping in, causing his legs to fall onto the floor. He gasped and looked around. "Barry." I said. He looked at me and said "hey Hazel. Um what's up?" "Help me to the bathroom?" I asked. Barry sniffed and nodded. He stood up and said "want me to pick you up?" I nodded and he picked me up gently. "You ok?" He asked. I nodded against his chest and he set me down outside the bathroom door. "I'll be here when you come out." He said. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I put my hair up into a bun and opened the door. Barry stood there, leaning against the wall. "I'm back." I said softly. Barry yawned and picked me up. "Tired?" I asked. Barry nodded and said "yeah. I stayed with you. Didn't get much sleep in that chair." "Sorry." I said quietly. Barry looked down at me and said "no. It's not your fault. I didn't want to leave you. Because you told me not too. So I stayed. And I guess I fell asleep. For a little bit." I smiled slightly and he set me down on my bed. He grabbed at S.T.A.R labs T-Shirt and took off the shirt he had on and slipped the star one on.

He sat down next to me and stretched

He sat down next to me and stretched. I took in his features. His hair was slightly disheveled and his shoulders were broad. His green eyes shined if the sun was on his face and he noticed me staring and I looked away. I cleared my throat and said "is there anything to eat?" Just as Barry opened up his mouth Akos walked in with pancakes. She handed me some and I said "thanks." She walked back towards Harry and Cisco. Barry said "I'll be back." He walked towards Caitlin and I took a bite of the pancakes and they were amazing. Barry walked back in with his plate and sat down. "You want to go back to work today?" Barry asked. I nodded and said "yeah. I'll be able too." "Why is that?" He asked. "I heal quickly." I replied. Barry nodded and I didn't say anything else. I looked at my side and touched it softly. "Does it hurt?" Barry asked. I shrugged and said "not really." "Guys, I think I'm a meta human." Akos said. Barry's head snapped in her direction and Harry said "why do you think that?" "Because I was able to turn the lights off and on. With my mind." She replied. Cisco had a pancake hanging out of his mouth and Caitlin said "let's see it." Harry nodded and Barry walked to the doorway. "Barry. Can I see?" I asked, my voice almost at a whisper. Barry turned around and nodded. He walked over and picked me up gently. My arms were wrapped around his neck and he watched Akos shut all the lights off in the room. "Woah! Woah!" Cisco said. Caitlin looked at the lights in shock and Barry said "that's really cool." Harry said "we'd have to run some tests to see what powers your acquire." Akos nodded and Harry looked at me. "I'll look at your side and see if you're able to go into work today." He said. I nodded and Barry followed him into the other room. Barry set me down and sighed. "Don't you have to go to work?" Harry asked as he began taking my bandage off. Barry nodded and said "yeah. Um I think I'm gonna go." Harry nodded without looking at him. "I'll see ya later I guess." Barry said. "See ya." I said. He nodded and sped out. Papers went flying everywhere and Caitlin said "I hate when he does that!" Cisco sniggered and Harry said "you should be able to go into work. Just take it easy. You heal pretty fast but nothing like Barry." I nodded and said "I don't know if I can walk." "I'll call Barry back." Harry said. He picked up his phone and began to call Barry. Before I knew it he was standing in front of us once again. Barry knocked all the papers out of Caitlin's hands once again and she screamed in frustration. Barry smirked and Harry said "help her walk ok? I have to go deal with Akos." Barry nodded and walked to my bed. I sat up and swung my legs off the bed. "Step down." Barry said. I stepped down and Barry supported me. He held my good side and my back was against his chest. "You good?" He asked. I nodded and took a step. Barry followed. I took another step and Barry did the same. I began to walk around the room, and Barry made sure I wouldn't fall. His right hand was on my good side and his left was on my hip. "I'm gonna let go ok?" He asked. I didn't reply and I began to walk away from him. I laughed softly as I realized that I would be ok. "I think I'm ok." Barry said "well that's great." A smile appeared on Barry's face and I said "am I going to be able to have a car?" Barry nodded and said "there's some cars out front. Harry will give you one." I nodded and as soon as he said that Harry handed me car keys. Barry zoomed out of the cortex and Caitlin said "ha! Didn't get me that time Barry." Cisco said "I wish he would have." Caitlin rolled her eyes and I walked out of the building and looked at the cars out front. I pushed the unlock button and a SUV beeped. I got into it and drove home, got ready for work, and then I was on my way. My camera was around my neck as I walked into the station. "Hey Hazel." Eddie said as he passed by. I waved to him and walked to my office. Joe came in and said "you're on a case with me and my team today." "Ok." I said. "Well actually I have you assigned to my team now." He replied. I nodded and said "why's that?" "Because you're the best photographer here." Joe said while going to get Eddie. He grabbed Eddie and we headed to the crime scene. The scientist was already there. "Hey, I'd like you to meet our new photographer." Joe said to the man. The man stood up and turned around. He turned around and his eyes widened as he saw me. Mine did the same. "Barry I'd like you to meet Hazel." Joe said. Barry stared at me and I did the same back at him. "Hi Barry." I said through clenched teeth. Barry nodded to me and said "Hazel, it's a pleasure to meet you." He shook my hand and acted like he had just met me. As he retracted his hand he continued to stare at me. I was in my normal work attire. A dress shirt with heels and a skirt. "Why are you acting so weird?" Joe asked. Barry blew a raspberry and said "I always act weird."

"Mmm-hmm

"Mmm-hmm." Joe said as he walked away. "So, are you any good?" Barry asked me. I scoffed and he said "what?" "I'm the best in the entire station." I said as I crossed my arms. Barry rolled his eyes and said "ok. Sure." I snapped a few pictures and Barry said "so-so-so how long have you worked here?" "A year." I replied as I stood up. Barry's eyes widened and he said "a year?! You know Joe?!" I nodded and said "I know Iris too." Barry said "how?" "Joe introduced me to her one day." I said. Joe was talking to Eddie and Barry said "I can't believe you work here." I wrapped my camera around my neck and said "are you trying to get away from me Barry?" His eyes widened and a blush crept on his cheek. "No. No. Um it's just that I wasn't expecting to see you until later." "So are you happy or disappointed because you get to see me at work?" I asked as I stepped closer to him. Barry said "I'm happy." I smirked and took another step towards him. "Are you a good a scientist as they say you are?" Barry rolled his eyes once again and stepped toward me. "Are you good a photographer they say you are?" He asked. I chuckled and said "I already answered that for you. And so did Joe. Cause he hired me on his team. So get used to me Barry. Cause I'm not going anywhere." I stepped back as Joe began to walk over. "What you guys taking about?" He asked. Barry said "work. I was asking her about the pictures." I nodded and said "yeah he wanted to make sure I got certain ones." Joe nodded and didn't say anything else. As we made our way back to the station Joe kept looking at Barry and I. I developed the pictures and took them to Barry's office. Joe said "you got the pictures?" I nodded and handed them to Barry, who pinned them to the board in his office. Joe began explaining the crime to the two of us but I couldn't listen because Barry kept staring at my side. It was hard to listen because of those green eyes staring at me. "Guys?" Joe asked. Barry looked at him and said "yeah?" "You guys here?" Joe said while laughing slightly. I nodded and he continued. Barry didn't stare at me when Joe caught him. But he glanced over every once in a while. Joe finished and told us we were done. "Is your side ok?" He whispered. I nodded and said "yeah. Why?" "I think that we should tell each other...stuff. I don't know." He said.

I chuckled and said "ok

I chuckled and said "ok. I think I can trust you." "You can." Barry reassured. I nodded and said "ok." "Are you sure your side is ok?" He asked. I laughed and said "Barry I'm fine. As soon as I feel a throb of pain, I'll call you ok?" Barry nodded with a smile and I giggled.

Here's the update!! Hope you guys like this! It's kinda cute🤷🏽‍♀️~Skylar💕🖤🌴☁️

~Skylar💕🖤🌴☁️