Chapter 5

Hazel's POV:
"I think Harry likes you." I whispered into Akos' ear. She looked at me and said "really?" I nodded and we both giggled. "What're you two giggling about?" Cisco asked. I said "nothing." He said "ok. Whatever you say." Barry walked in with Joe and I immediately ducked down. "What?" Akos asked. "That's my boss." I said as I crawled away. Cisco giggled as I crawled behind his desk and I heard Barry say "where's Hazel." Cisco pulled me up and said "here." Barry nodded and walked over and grabbed me. He pulled me over to where Joe was standing. "Hazel?" He asked. "Hey Joe." I said. Joe said "what's she doing here?" "She's a meta human. Like me." Barry said while putting his arm around me. I blushed slightly and Joe said "what can you do?" I used my telekinesis and lifted one of Cisco's nachos in the air. "Hey!" He shrieked as he tried to eat it in the air. I made it fall back onto his plate and he let out a sigh of relief. "What's that?" Joe asked. Barry scoffed and said "she has telekinesis. Come on Joe." He pretended to shield me from Joe's comment and I giggled. Akos watched with a smirk and Joe said "what else can you do?" Barry unshielded me and said "show him." "Would you like some coffee?" I asked. Joe nodded and I poured cold coffee into a mug. Joe's eyebrows furrowed and I heated it and Barry said "boom. Look how cool that is." Joe nodded in approval and said "that's amazing." Akos watched Barry and I and her smirk grew bigger. "Well this has been a very interesting day for me. And I'm going home." Joe said as he walked out. I looked at Barry and he said "what?" "Your shielding." I said. He smirked and said "did you like it?" I rolled my eyes and he pulled me into Harry's office. "Hey Hazel I want to see how high your temperature goes." He said. I nodded and there was a large bucket of water. "You want me to heat this?" I asked. "To your full capacity." Harry said. Akos walked in and said "ok go." I put my hands on the sides of the bucket and began to heat it. Barry watched in awe and Akos recorded the temperatures. Harry smirked as I began to reach my capacity. I had only done it one time. And when I did, I fainted. "Over 200 degrees!" Harry exclaimed. The feeling of wooziness took over my body. "250!" Harry said. My legs turned into jelly and I fell. I was in someone's arms. I looked up to see Barry. "You're shielding me from everything tonight huh?" I asked. Barry looked down at me and said "yeah. I guess I am." I half smiled and he stood up. I buried my face into his chest and Harry said "wow. 265 degrees. You're amazing Hazel." I didn't say anything and Akos said "she's physically exhausted from it Harry." She walked over to me and saw how tired I was. Barry said "is she ok?" Akos quickly wiped my nose as blood came out of it. Barry walked me over to a chair and Akos continued to wipe blood from my nose. "You ok?" Barry asked. I shrugged while looking at him with my eyes half open. "Harry don't make her do that again ok?" Akos asked. Harry rolled in and said "she looks ok. She's just tired." Barry said "well I don't want her to be like this." Harry rolled his eyes and said "she'll be fine Barry. She just needs to recharge her batteries. Have you gotten any higher than that?"

I shook my head and Akos said "Harry please

I shook my head and Akos said "Harry please. Not again." Harry's looked at her and said "ok. I won't." Barry said "is there anything I can do?" "Stay with her while I enter in these results with Harry." Akos said. Harry followed and Caitlin walked in. "Woah. You ok?" She asked. I nodded weakly and Barry grabbed a tissue and wiped some dried blood from my nose. "Don't. It's gross." I said pushing him away. "You're not gross. Ok? I don't think that." Barry said while looking at me. I rolled my eyes and said "you're only doing this because Akos asked you." Barry leaned down to my level and said "who caught you just now? I did. Who instantly asked if you were ok? I did. I'm doing this... because I want too. Ok? Because you need help. You're damaged from something. You haven't really opened up to anyone. I thought you were going to tell me stuff. You said you were." Caitlin walked off knowing we needed privacy. I wanted to cry. I've never had someone care about me like this. Well Hartley did but not the way Barry did. Barry's known me for 48 hours and he's ready to help with anything that's wrong. How and why? "Barry I will tell you everything that's wrong with me soon. But I'll tell you a little something now. If you tell me how it happened to you." I said. Barry furrowed his eyebrows and said "my powers?" I nodded and he sighed. "I was struck by lightning and I was in a coma for 9 months." He said. My eyes widened. "Wow. Yours is much nicer." I said. Barry said "how?" "Because the shockwave sent me off the road. My SUV was on top of my legs. I was stuck in a ditch for two days. And it only took a day for me to heal. I was trapped under my car and I was screaming. Nobody came. I got myself out from under that car. With my powers. My brother didn't even come to help me. He came but I had already pulled myself onto the street. After he helped me from the hospital I didn't see him again. He stopped talking to me and I haven't seen him. He abandoned me. He was all I had left. And how he's gone." I said. A few sniffles left my mouth and Barry said "wow. You've been through hell." I nodded and didn't reply. "Well I'm glad you told me that. I can help you with whatever you're going through ok?" He said. I nodded and he said "don't be afraid to come to me. We tell each other stuff right?" I nodded and he patted my back. He twirled a strand of my hair on his fingers and I said "why are you doing that?" He looked at me and said "not relevant."