"Thanks George, I appreciate you."

Lillian pov-

I woke up with a minor headache, and a heavy heart. I sit up in the empty bed, I look around the room absentmindedly.

I creep out of the bed, I quietly made my way towards the kitchen. I paused in my tracks when I see Ross, Adam, George, and Matty staring at me as I was trying to walk quietly as possible in case George was asleep; well George wasn't asleep at all.

"Hi Lillian!" Ross yells excitedly, George gives me a look. I look down at myself, I was only wearing an oversized tshirt. Without a word, I bolt back to my room.

I couldn't help but laugh, their faces resembling deer in headlights. I went ahead and changed into actual clothes, brushed my teeth, put on a little makeup,  then headed back towards the living room.

I stop in the middle of the hall when I hear my name mentioned. "So, are you guys like hooking up? Is she just staying here?" Ross asks, I stiffen. "No, we aren't hooking up. If you're saying that because she's wearing my shirt; I have an explanation for it. Last night she was kinda drunk and emotional so I helped her change and put her to bed. She was all over the place, so I wanted to help her." He explains to them, I smile at his kindness.

"Awe how kind of you George." Adam tells him. "Well we've been best friends for years, so I mean it's my obligation." He tells them, I couldn't even fight the second smile appearing.

Hearing George's words made me remember last night, and the events that followed.

I stared at his face for a few minutes, I was actually indulging the moment. He's always been there for me, always made me feel welcome, always picked me back up.

He was the one I'd go to after Matty hurt my feelings or said something stupid. He always cared, he always made me feel happier about myself or just happy in general.

"Can I kiss you?" The words roll off my tongue before I could even process what I was asking my best friend... Matty's best friend.

George nodded, but he was the one essentially initiated the kiss. I put his hand on top of his, they were both placed on my jaw; I then move my arms to wrap around the back of his neck, bringing him closer.

Once we were both out of breath, we pull apart panting. "We'll talk in the morning." He says, he caresses my cheek softly. "Okay." I say and kiss his lips once more. George runs to his room quickly, and grabs one of his tshirts.

"Here you go, let me help you." He says and I kinda shy away. "I'm not going to make a move on you, we're both drunk or tipsy and I'm not going to take advantage of that. I'll just help, I've seen you in a bikini so it's almost the same." He says, I finally step a little closer. He helps me change quickly, then he fluffs my pillows for me; pulling the covers over my emotional figure.

"Thanks George, I appreciate you." I say, he kisses my forehead. "You're welcome, same for you. Goodnight." He says, turning off my light, then walking out of my room."

"You okay?" Matty asks, he snaps his fingers in front of my eyes. "What? Oh, yeah I'm fine." I say shortly. "You've just been standing here. Excuse me, I'm going to the bathroom." He says, I nod and move a little. "Wait, can we talk quickly." He says right before he moves past me. I nod, then wrap arms around myself.

"I'm sorry about what you thought you saw last night. I'm guessing you took it the wrong way. Anyways, I was just wondering if you plan on getting with George?" He asks, I gawk at him.