"Do you have to leave me?"

"I'm sad that he went back home." I mutter as I lay my head on George's chest. "Why? You know he hates being far from home." George frowns and I sigh. "I know, but he is my only family so it sucks that he's across a big fucking ocean." I pout and he nods. "However, you're my family and hopefully I'm yours, so it's not too bad." He says and I nod along.

"But you're gonna leave soon too, so I'm alone here." I admit. "You're my family regardless of where I'm at, same for your uncle. Look at the positives in your life, you are about to graduate college and you have a great life ahead of you." George utters proudly.

"You're kinda of obligated to say that." I mumble and he gasps. "Am not! You know how amazing it is that you are finishing college this quickly. You are so amazing and you should never doubt that. Just because I'm here right now and won't be here in a week doesn't mean that what you're doing isn't hands down amazing." He rants and I smile slightly.

"We're missing Criminal Minds." I point out, mostly to change the subject. "It's okay, Spencer can wait for a second. I just want to make sure you know how much I love and support you." He pauses the show. "I know you do." I nod and he smiles.

"Good, I know it was rough at the beginning of tour, but I support you so much. I love you babe." He carries on. "I support you too babe. You have put so much work into tour and I'm happy for you. You make people happy all around the world and you endlessly make me happy. I know I was also hard on you towards the beginning of tour, but I was always proud. You're amazing and you deserve to know how great you are, I love you." I reciprocate the appreciation.

"When did we become this mushy couple?" He asks while laughing and I shrug. "You started it!" I defend. "I'll finish it." He says and plants his lips on mine. "Hm, it seems like you're trying to start something else." I say and push him back after a few seconds.

——

"Do you have to leave me?" I pout and he frowns. "Hey, I'll be back for your graduation next month, promise." He says and kisses my forehead. "Do you need a ride to the airport?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Matty is picking me up in about 10 minutes." He says and checks his watch. "Scratch that, 4 minutes." He corrects himself.

"George, that graduation is a big deal to me and I really want you there." I say and he gives me a look.

"Hey I made a promise and I won't go back on it. The graduation is just as important to me as it is you." He reminds me.

"I know, it's just that you're all I have here and you're the only person besides Kam who would be able to make it. I'm trusting you George." I explain further. "You don't trust me?" He asks and I make a face.

"You're misinterpreting my message. I trust you and I love you so much. I just really need you there and I just trust that I matter enough for you to be there for an important day." I state. A horn blares outside and George gives me a long face. "I'll be there, I love you to death. I've got to go but I'll see you in a month." He says and kisses my cheek. "Be safe and have fun. See you next month." I say and peck his lips.

I walk out the door with him, waving at Matty in the car. I grab the mail, kiss George on the cheek one last time, and head back in the house.

I pick up the letter from the school and the fear coursing through my body.

Dear Lillian,

You've been selected to give the Valedictorian speech at the winter graduation at the university on December 27th.

Please send in your response by December 5.

Oh god, now I've to mentally prepare myself and write a speech. Help.

SHORT CHAPTER BC THE NEXT ONE WILL BE LONG SORRY