"Sometimes home isn't a house or a place, but it's a human"

1 1/2 months later

Lillian pov-

I have been here for a total of a month, it's been pretty sad but I've also enjoyed the time I've missed out with my family.

"Do you want toast or a bagel?" I ask my uncle, he ponders for a second. "Toast is fine, thank you." He says, he picks up the newspaper. I gather both of our plates, then walk to the table; I leave his plate in front of him.

"So, when are you going home?" He asks, never looking at me, and takes a bite of the bacon I made. "I am home?" I question wearily, he chuckles. "Home is where the heart is honey, your heart is with that guy who came here." He tells me, I choke on my bagel.

He finally lays down the newspaper, giving me an expecting look. "What? This will always be my home." I say, he shakes his head. "Sometimes home isn't a house or a place, but it's a human. Don't get me wrong, I like the company when you're here; you're like a young Anna. However, I can tell you're still unhappy, and it isn't just from your aunt." He says and I sigh.

"I just don't want to leave you here alone in this house." I spill, he chuckles. "Honey, aunt Anna is still right here," he says while pointing towards his chest, "I'm doing decent. Before she passed, I mean minutes, she told me how much happiness I should feel when she's gone because I know that she'll be happy when she passes. She said she would no longer hurt, and that's all I ask for. She is my one love, and it hurts that she's gone, but she wants us both to be happy. I'll cope, but I can't cope when my little girl is sitting here moping." He says, I grab his hand.

"I love you a lot, you know? You always know the words to say, and even if they are very blunt. I'm just afraid of being in love or falling for him because of the situation." I say and he quirks an eyebrow. "Situation?" He questions.

"I broke up with Matty a few months ago, and I moved in with George because we've been friends for a while. George is in the band with Matty, plus they've been best friends long before I moved to Europe. However, he's helped me when I was sad, happy, and just whenever. I'm just afraid that the relationship will look bad on his part, and that maybe I'm only thinking this because he shows me attention and maybe I don't know what true love is." I explain, he nods.

"I can tell that you both like each other, maybe not love yet. However, if you could see the way he looked at you. Just please, go home. I love you here, but this stopped being your home when you fell for a guy. You're always welcome here and this will always be your other home, but he's your person for comfort and anything a home offers." He tells me, I smile genuinely.

"I love you, I promise to come back more than I did before. I just miss you and I miss him. I'm sorry if I'm just leaving you here." I apologize, he scoffs. "I'd just about do anything to see you happy again, you are so happy over in Europe." He gushes, I grin.

--

I step off the plane, oh did it feel good to be back in Europe.

I stop by the restaurant, Dana was the first person I saw. "Dana!" I call out, she engulfs me in a huge hug. "Welcome back, when can you start again?" She asks, I shrug. "I might be jet lag tomorrow, so maybe 2 days?" I ask, she nods. "I can't wait, we've missed you. I'm sorry about your loss, I'm surprised you're back so quickly." She says, I chuckle. "It's a long story, but I'll have to fill you in later. However, I'd like an order of mozzarella sticks." I tell her, she nods.