"My happiness will never be any of your concern."

3 weeks later

Lillian pov-

I was standing over the stove, I had my morning playlist blasting, and I had on my favorite pair of fuzzy pajamas. This is the type of shit I live for.

"Someone's happy this morning." George says with a big smile. "I just feel happy for once George! Like I feel good!" I state, it was true. I had been thinking about what I said to Matty. When I told him to move on he looked defeated, but what I said was true; he needed to move on. I haven't moved on yet, but I'm allowing myself to do what I want.

Part of me doesn't want him to move on, because he is my ex and it was kind of a mutual break up, but I know he deserves to feel as happy as I do right now. He should feel free and good, he should relax a little. Wear his favorite pjs, jump around his kitchen to his favorite songs. However, he very hurt. He said he'd smile to cover his hurt, and that hits hard. I feel sorry for him, but I can't help but feel happier for myself.

"I said I needed to ask you something." George says, he snaps his fingers in front of me; I gaze back to him. "Sorry! What?" I ask and he smiles slightly. "So I need to ask you something and I want you to really consider it okay." He says, I look at him expectingly.

"No George, I will not take your hand in marriage." I jokingly say with a sigh, he gives me a look before busting out in laughter. "Damnit! Why! Why must you not be my wife! Why won't you take my hand?" He asks dramatically, I roll my eyes with a small laugh. "Anyways, what is the real question?" I ask, he fiddles with his fingers.

"So, Macy is getting married on Friday, and I want you to be my date." He says, I just stare at him. "I don't think it's right George, Matty will be there and I have a feeling Macy hates me." I say, I felt bad because George seems like he really wants me to go.

I just don't know how that would look, the ex of Matty there as a date for his band mate George. "Well, Macy did ask me to bring a plus one, so guess you're it." He says, I shake my head. "I don't know George, I don't think I should." I tell him, he sighs.

"Please Lillian, you're going to be seeing a lot of Matty. You live with me, he's my best friend and my bandmate, he's going to be around. You want him to be happier and he wants you to be happy. So, don't wallow in self pity this Friday, and come hang with me. I can show you my awesome dance moves." He pleads, I sigh.

"Fine. Only if you give me one slow dance." I negotiate, he smiles. "I can do that. Do you need me to buy you a dress or anything for the wedding?" He asks, I grimace. "Ew, dresses." I say, he laughs. "Exactly, come on. We'll go dress shopping and you'll love it." He says, and I shake my head. "I'm sure I can dig something out of my closet, plus it'll save me and you money." I tell him, he scoffs.

"Get some clothes on missy, we're going shopping. Plus, I'm paying and you're going to enjoy it and not complain. I'm doing it out of the kindness of my heart." He says, I groan. "Fine, but you know I hate the color yellow, so if you even try to make me wear it, I'll throat punch you." I threaten. "Dang, yellow is a happy color, I thought you were trying to be happier. I can tell why you wear black and gray all the time now... you're so violent and harsh." He says jokingly, I laugh.

"Ha ha. Very funny Tree Man G." I say, he shakes his head. "Go get dressed, we've got a big day ahead of us." He says, I pout.  "But I made an omelet and I wanna eat." I say, I grab a plate from the cabinet. "Fine, eat. Then, get dressed." He demands. "Sir, yes sir." I say, I salut him shortly. "Ah, didn't know you were a freak like that." George states, my mouth flies open.

"Fuck off, you fucking tree!" I say and slap his chest jokingly. "Eat your omelet and get a move on it woman!" He yells, I chew my omelet slowly. "Listen here giant, I won't go to that wedding if you keep on." I say and point the fork at him. "Come on, my nana ate faster than this!" He yells, I chuckle. "Go get dressed George, let me eat in peace." I demand. "Fine. Hurry up." He says before walking out of the room.