"You haven't lost that grin off your face since you said he was here."

3 weeks later

Lillian pov-

It had been the most boring day at the restaurant, the fall air wasn't the most pleasurable today in Manchester.

I sit inside the shop, the leaves randomly falling off of the ash tree that was caddy corner of the building; the yellow leaves becoming very bright as fall carries on.

My attention was interrupted when the shops bell went off, finally a customer. I drop the pen out of my hand when I see Macy walking through the doors. "Welcome to Gordon's, how are you?" Dana asks, she gives a small smile. "I'm good, how are you?" She asks, Dana smiles back. "I'm doing good, thanks for asking." She tells her.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you?" Macy asks towards me, I look at Dana. "I'm sorry, but I'm working." I tell her, she looks around. "Yeah, I would hate for you to get swamped with all this responsibility." She says sarcastically, Dana snorts from the counter.

"Just go, if a customer comes in just get back to work." Dana elaborates, I give her a death glare; she just flashes a wink to me.

We walk to an empty booth, she slides into one side. "I'll go get us some drinks, on the house. What do you want?" I ask, she ponders for a second. "Uh, Diet Coke is fine." She says, I nod then come back soon with two drinks.

"So, what brought you here?" I ask, she sighs. "I wanted to apologize for how I acted. I was a bit over the line." She tells me, I snort. "A bit?" I ask rhetorically. "Yeah, a lot. I just have my best interest in for the people I care about. However, I shouldn't of attacked your personal options, since you and George have been friends for a long time." She carries on, I nod.

"I appreciate your apology, means a lot. I've been broiling with anger recently, so it's good to get the grudge off my back." I say, she sips her drink slowly. "I'm very sorry, like I said it was over the line." She repeats.

"I just need to ask you one thing." I say, she nods along. "Did you and Matty ever hook up?" I ask, her eyes widen. I knew they did, I take George's word for it; I just want to see how honest she's being today.

"We did hook up, and I'm so sorry. I guess we were both lonely, and I won't forgive myself for it." She says truthfully, I look at my bubbly drink. "We're not together anymore, so I guess it's too late for an apology; but I'll accept it." I say, she huffs sadly.

"I've really hurt you a lot, and that's sad because this is our very first civil conversation." She replies, I laugh. "Very true. One more question, did you cheat before you met your husband?" I ask, she nods frantically.

"When Matty and I got together, it was a good 3 months before I met my husband." She confirms. "Good, just making sure you didn't mess up two relationships." I say bluntly.

After a few moments of silence, my phone starts buzzing in my apron. I pull it out, my uncle Tyler was calling. I answer quickly, fear settling in my chest.

T: Hey Lillian, how are you doing?
L: I'm okay, what's wrong. You sound frantic
T: I hate telling you bad news, you know that. Uh- it's just that your aunt Anna is uh very sick. She wants to see you, is that possible?
L: Yes it is, I'll get packed and find a ticket. What's wrong with her?
T: We'll talk soon my lovely Lillian.

Macy had a little bit of concern on her face, maybe she wasn't as terrible as I thought. "Excuse me, I've got to go." I say, I rush over to Dana. "Dana, I've got to go. I'm sorry, my aunt in the states is very sick and wants to see me. I'll be taking off for a week or so. Is that okay?" I ask frantically.