3 - Her pride, my wrath

Capitolo tre
L'ira

I entered home expecting no one to greet me since the mansion is huge and all. No one should be at the entrance, right? Wrong! Just as I entered mum called me, but I rushed to the stairs muttering 'I'm not feeling well'. I went in Nymphodora's room hoping to see her, and because I'm so lucky today, she still wasn't home.

I'm not staying here, in her room, and waiting for her with an empty stomach. Nope.

So I went to my room and changed. As I was about to take off my makeup with cleansing wipes, I looked my reflection one last time in the mirror. I touched my plump lips and then unconsciously moved my hand to my left ear where Romeo bit me. There, on my sensitive earlobe, Romeo's teeth marks could be seen. That beast, he bit so hard that it's bleeding. In fact, the blood had dried, and a bothersome crust had formed.

Then a wild taught ran through my mind making my cheeks burn from embarrassment.

He had marked me.

I furiously started wiping the wet cloth on my face, trying to forget.

This thing doesn't have future, so I should stop before things get too serious. Before I develop any feelings for him. Before I get hurt.

When I was done, I threw away the used cloth and exited the room. Strangely I was feeling down. Well, I knew exactly the reason behind it, but I tried to deny it.

Someone was giving me attentions in that way, and I was too selfish to end it. Did I not deserve happiness?

Even if I met him for just one day, he made me feel all kind of emotions after so long. Not to mention butterfly there's an elephant stomping in my stomach. A rollercoaster of emotions and I felt so alive.

As I reached the ground floor, I went towards the dining hall where some of my family members were eating lunch. My family is quite big. There are Nymphodora and me, then Agape, he was adopted, then the four years old twins Deimos and Aries, who are also adopted and lastly my little brother Endymion who's almost one year now.

When I sat at the table, the twins greeted me, and little Endymion made some gurgling noise and clapped his hand. Agape though, didn't do anything aside of lifting his gaze from the plate and then resuming eating his spaghetti al ragù. He doesn't talk much. To be honest, I don't think I have ever seen him conversating, then again I almost never leave my room, and I'm not so attached to my siblings. The best brother of the year award won't go to me this year. Again. Like the past years.

"Emme! I haven't seen you all day long!" shouted mom over Endymion's noise. Then again she's always loud, even when I can perfectly hear her.

"Oh, I was just too into this new game that came out," I lied. I hate lying. Ever since that day, I've promised myself I'll never lie again. And here I am, breaking my promise for Nymphodora. Even back then, when I was little, I had to lie because of her. I wish I had told mom the truth, maybe then, things would have had a different turnout.

And I wouldn't be like this.

"You must be starving then! Come on join us-Oh, Enne isn't down yet, that girl," mom said shaking her head.

"Awies wii go get Enny!" said Aries ready to get up

"No!" shouted his twin Deimos, getting hold of his wrist, "I won't let you go alone, I'm comin' with you."

"Oh, wee go togethew !" Aries chirped.

"No, you can't," I said immediately, and all eyes were on me now. Think quickly of something!