4 - Her arch enemy, my date

Capitolo quattro 
L'appuntamento  

I stared at the screen dumbfounded. Has Romeo a male fiancee? No, it can't be. He seemed like the straight as a pole type. Then, I remembered something. When he gave me his iPhone, he asked me to give him back again, and he typed something. Could it be...him? 

I furiously blushed at the thought. That's impossible, he barely knows me. Actually, he doesn't know me at all. 

The phone started ringing again, scaring the crap out of me. The caller ID displayed the same name: Future Husband

Should I pick it up? What if it's someone else? Of course, it'll be someone else,  why should Romeo be on the other side? He isn't gay. My heart started beating fast. 

I took a deep breath and accepted the call, and with trembling hand, I brought the phone to my ear.

Let it be Romeo. Let it be Romeo. Let it be Romeo.

"Finally! Why didn't you pick any of my calls? Or answered my messages?!" shouted Romeo. For the first time, instead of panicking at his anger, I let out a breath of relief. 

"H-hi," I stuttered. My voice was much of a whisper, and I feared he might haven't heard me.

"Listen, are you free today?" he asked. 

"Y-yes," I stuttered again, but this time my voice was audible. 

"Good. Text me your address and be ready for eight," he spoke so fast it took me time to process what he was implying. 

Holy mother of cows he was asking me out! 

"You there?" he asked, but I didn't reply. Words were stuck in my throat.

"W-what?" I stuttered once I found my voice again.

"I said, be ready, I'm picking you up."

"N-now?" I asked. 

"At eight," he repeated unexpectedly in a calm voice. 

"Today?" It was a stupid question, but I was nervous and couldn't think straight.

He chuckled. Maybe he realised I was nervous. 

"Yes today, at eight. Will you be ready by then?"

Get ready? Oh god. I have to tell him. 

"Principessa, you still there?" he asked, and I ignored the emotion I felt hearing the nickname he gave me. I'm no princess and neither a girl, but he's not aware of the latter one.

"S-sorry, I can't," I said tho I wanted so hard to go out with him.

"You just told me, you were free!" he growled, and I flinched at his harsh tone.   

"I-I'm sorry," I said and hung up.

Oh God, what did I just do? He's going to be furious for dropping the call like that! And I didn't even tell him the truth. I owe him that much at least. 

I looked back at the mobile phone, which started ringing again. 

But I wanna meet him again. I mean I have to meet him to give his phone back. Yeah, that's it. 

I picked up the call.

"Did you just hung up on me?" he demanded.

"I-I'm sorry," I apologised and shut my eyes in fear. Maybe it was the feeling he'll come out of his iPhone and hit me or the feeling he was waiting outside my house ready to barge in.