2. Bombshells drop

Chapter 2:

My mother stares at me with shocked eyes as she sees the dried blood on my face and my red eyes and fangs. She then sighs,"I was worried this would happen,"'she shakes her head and takes a seat,"We thought since you didn't show any signs when you were younger, that you were just a werewolf."

"Mom, what is going on?" I ask,"Do you know what's happening to me?!"

She nods,"Come take a seat, I have things I need to explain."

I stare at her warily then slowly walk toward her and take a seat at the table. 

When I'm seated she starts,"What have I told you about your father?" she asks unexpectedly. 

I furrow my brow confused,"Um that he was a good man, a powerful werewolf and that he was killed in a car crash that he wasn't even able to live from. That he loved us both very much," I answer. 

She sighs nodding,"Well the only part of that, that is true is that he did love us very much."

I stare at her shocked,"You lied to me? So, what? Was he some deadbeat drunk and you didn't have the heart to tell me that he was a loser?" I ask. 

"Shut your mouth!" she snaps with unexpected venom,"You father was a good man and didn't deserve to be killed."

I'm about to respond but stop, my eyes widen,"You said killed."

She stares at me then looks away and runs a hand through her hair,"Yes, I did," she says softly,"The truth is.... your father was a vampire and he was killed by a wolf pack!"

The biggest bombshells of my life was just dropped. This is what changed everything.

My eyes widen to the size of saucers,"Bu...but how is that possible?"

"Your father and I met a long time ago, I eventually fell in love with him and didn't care that he was a vampire, nor did he care that I was a werewolf," she tells me and gently takes my hand in hers,"And soon after, you came along. We moved away from pack life so they could not judge us if they found out about our relationship. But one night while he went out hunting, he went a little to close to a packs territory," her eyes tear up a bit but harden in anger as she recalls the pack that killed my father,"The bloodstone pack are ruthless killers and they killed your father for no reason at all other than that he was a vampire," she calms down a bit and strokes the back of my hand with her thumb,"But with you so young I had to move back to our pack knowing that they would provide for us, though I would rather not be around werewolves anymore after what they did to Henry. But you, you were a mystery," she tells me,"We weren't sure if your be a vampire or a werewolf, we even thought of the possibility of a hybrid of the two. But you were born a healthily werewolf, but how you grew up was still going to be a mystery."

"So your saying….. I'm some type of hybrid?" I ask shocked. 

She nods,"It's never happening as far as I know of, but it seems that you will have a mix of vampire and werewolf powers," she tells me,"But I have no way of knowing."

I gulp,"So I will have to live on…. blood, like vampires?"

She looks at me with soft eyes and she reaches out to stroke my semi blood caked cheek,"What happened?"

"I.... I killed Taylor!" I say, my eyes widen in realization,"I killed my friend! Oh my god what do I do? I'm going to kill someone else! I'm going to-"

My mom stands up to calm me down,"Sweetie it's fine, Henry said new vampires go through this, your emotions are all over the place."

I shake my head and push her away,"Well he should be here. He would be but he's not because of the Bloodstone pack! Werewolves killed him!" I snarl, I then stand and glare at my mother,"You Lied to me! And you brought us back here to be surrounded by werewolves!" I hiss in distaste.

She shakes her head, her green eyes widening,"No, your emotions are heightened," she tries to explain,"Your not thinking straight-"

I push away from her again as she tries to touch me,"Not thinking straight?!" I shriek outraged,"Werewolves killed my father! Your husband! And you come back to live with them!" I shout at her.

I shake my head and grip my hair. I can't stay here. I can't endanger anyone else. I also can't stay here with all these werewolves, not after knowing werewolves killed my father.

"Kora, just calm down, please," my mother pleads. 

I squeeze my eyes shut and a tear escapes and runs down my cheek,"I'm sorry mom," I then bolt out the door.

I run through the forest with no direction, no purpose except to get away. I have nothing now. Only the clothes on my back and the blood on my face.