7. Shock

Chapter7:

Blake's POV:

After I got off the phone with my beta I decided to take a nap on the couch in my office. I haven't slept since Kora was attacked by that vampire which almost a day ago.

After my nap I get up and notice its already light out. Jeez I must have slept a long time.

I walk out of my office and go to my bedroom which I have let Kora sleep in while she's healing. I open the door and poke my head in hoping not to wake her.

My eyes widen when I see the bed empty, I slam the door open fully and charge into the room. I sniff the air, her scent is very faint. She must have left hours ago!

I transform into my wolf right in the room not caring if I break anything, then I bound down the hallway and smash my front door open, once outside I find her scent again and take off in that direction.

After a few minutes of running her scent becomes less and less. I stop and lift my snout in the air, I whine and turn in frantic circles trying to find a hint of her scent left.

I transform back into my human self and fall to my knees.

She's gone! My mate is gone!

~

7 years later:

Kora's POV:

It's been close to seven years since I left my mate and chose my side with the vampires.

I have to admit the heartbreak of leaving my mate was so painful it almost drove me back to him. It didn't though and now I'm living happily in the Vampire Kingdom.

I've trained since I got here so I could help the vampire armies, and prove I'm worthy of being here. Even though they all think I'm a full vampire, that still didn't explain why I was traveling alone for so long without any contact with the Vampire Kingdom. They were weary of me at first, but after seven years of devoted training and constant victories in missions I have proven myself worthy to be one of the royal guards as anyone there.

The royal guards for the Vampire King are the fastest, strongest, and most powerful vampires. We go on missions for the King and keep the werewolves in line. More times than one we've had to even kill werewolves. I don't feel ashamed of it, werewolves have only brought the worst out of me. They killed my father, they killed my best friend Jack, and then my fucking mate kidnapped me and held me prisoner like an animal!

I've noticed I'm more vampire than werewolf, I need more blood, and I pretty much repressed my wolf side fully. For a werewolf that'd be impossible, or they would be weak, like a part of them is missing. Not me, I'm perfectly fine, stronger even. I know one thing for sure, I'm never going back to the werewolves.

~

I walk through the courtyard and see the teams of guards training. One vampire leaves his group and runs over to where I'm standing. I recognize him as a fairly new guard, i've trained him once or twice, I believe his name is Matt.

Matt stops in front of me and bows his head in respect, its a common thing to do to vampires with more experience and who have been here longer. When in presence of the Vampire King we all bow very low in respect. I've never met the King, but I've heard he's a cold man because he lost his family and mate many centuries ago. He is smart and looks after his kingdom, that much I can tell.

Vampire's don't have mates like werewolves do, they pick who they want to be their mate so they don't have that god awful bond that werewolf mates have.

"What is it you want Matt?" I ask him.

He looks at me with his bright green eyes,"My team leader would like you to show us some fighting techniques," he tells me.