Ch.17: I'm sorry

Chapter 17:

Kora’s POV:

As soon as I walk into the castle, I get tackled into a hug by Dom. My eyes widen in shock.

Dom holds me tight,”Are you okay? You’ve been gone for hours! I was getting worried,” he pulls back and looks at me with an expression that makes my heart ache.

I sigh and look away,”I’m sorry, I just needed to get away and think.”

“And what do you think now?”

I gulp and raise my eyes to his, I cup his cheek with my hand,”I’m not fully okay with this, but that was my past and I realized that I need to get over it. This will help,” I give him a small smile.

His face brightens up,”Really? Your fine with our plan to kill all werewolves?” he asks eagerly.

I give him a fake smile and nod. He smiles and leans in and kisses me passionately, he raps his arms around me and holds me close,”I love you,” he mumbles against my lips.

My heart pains to do this,”I love you too,” I lie.

He pulls back and sends me another brilliant smile,”Lets go eat something then head off to bed. I’m sure your hungry.”

I nod and follow him to the kitchen, where some of the lower vampires work.

‘Did he get out of the territory safely?’ I ask Blake through our mate bond. We shared a kiss before I left him and it made our bond grow stronger.

‘Yes. He is on his way to the pack that has been taking care of my pack members,’ he answers.

I set Blake’s Beta free before I left the dungeons. The plan is, that he escapes and spreads word of the Dom’s plan of werewolf genocide, while I stay here and pretend that everything is normal and fine. I can’t have Dom getting suspicious of anything. We’ve got one chance at this, and I have the most important job. I must keep Dom from telling the vampire council of his plan, and do whatever I can to keep him from telling them, even if it pains both Blake and I.

‘Remember, we only have a week tops to pull this off. If we fail…we lose everything.’

I sigh softly,’I know.'

Dom glances at me and raises on eyebrow. I give him a fake smile. He smiles back and turns to the chef,”Make two Chicken Saltimbocca’s, please,” he turns back to me and leads me to the dining room.

Dinner is delicious, romantic, perfect. All except for the fact, that I have to kill the man I’m with, in a week.

He’s so sweet, he’s handsome, he’s smart and funny….but he isn’t my mate.

We head up to our room after we finish dinner. I change and brush my teeth in our bathroom, then walk into the bedroom.

Dom lays on the bed, as far as I know only shirtless. He gives me a sly smirk and pats the empty spot on the bed next to him, I gulp and walk over to crawl in bed.

As soon as I’m in, his arms pull me close to him and he starts to nuzzle my neck and pepper it with kisses. His hands move over my flat tummy and go under my shirt, starting to move it upwards.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

I’m sorry Blake.

~

The next morning I’m woken by soft ruffling sounds. I crack my eyes open and see Dom getting dressed.

He notices I’m a awake and smiles,”Sorry, I was trying not to wake you,” he tells me softly.

“Where are you going?” I ask, sitting up and pulling the blanket over my bare body.

“I need to let our elite team know of my plan, and tomorrow I will announce it to the council,” he tells me,”The faster we set my plan into motion, the faster we can live in peace and relax.”

My heart speeds up. He can’t let anyone know of his plan! I need to act fast. 

I jump up,”NO! I mean…” I bite my lip, trying to think of an excuse. I notice Dom’s eyes roving over my now uncovered nude body. I roll my eyes, of course, men!

I lay my hands on his chest and smile up at him innocently. That’s all it takes, and I’m thrown back onto the bed.

This is going to be a long week.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Poor Blake, once again he has to sit back while his mate gets it on with another man.

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!