::One::

How did this even happen? I ask myself that question every time.

"Viridian City!" You exclaimed as you arrived at the next town. Two months ago, you had received your very first pokemon, and since then you were beating trainers from each city and taking names. Gary also had started his journey a little bit after you had started your own, but you didnt think you would run into him for a long while. You had just gotten you're 5th gym badge from Cerulean Gym. You were well on your way to becoming a great pokemon master. The sun was going set soon and you both needed a place to recharge before heading the next town for a gym battle, little did you know, that Viridian City had a gym. You out stretched your arms and gave a slight yawn.

"We'll, I guess we'll have to find the nearest pokemon center and have Nurse Joy heal my pokemon" Before you left for your journey, the professor presented you with six pokeballs, including pikachu's. He also gave you a poke-dex, for ID, and record new and exciting pokemon you would find. You had also managed to capture a Ninetail's, a Blastoise and a Vaporeon. Although, those were only the pokemon you carried with you. You had tons more pokemon back at the professors lab.

The sun was now going down and the sky was a orange haze. You walked with your hands behind your head with pikachu sitting on your head, when an odd sign caught your attention. It read; WANTED

It appeared with two suspicious looking thieves. On one side, there was a boy, a bit older than you, with short lilac colored hair and a white uniform with black undergarments with an R. On the other side was a girl with long magenta colored hair and the same uniform except slightly altered.

"Hmm" You hadn't seen this kind of wanted poster before.

"You might want to be careful. Don't let Team Rocket steal your pokemon" A young womans voice snapped your gaze away from the poster. You looked up to see a woman with blue-greeny hair, dressed in a police officers uniform.

"Who's Team Rocket?" You asked.

"A gang of pokemon thieves. They run around stealing others pokemon. Viridian is on high alert, so keep your pikachu close" She said, referring to the creature on your head. You nodded you head.

"Thank you- uh, your name wouldn't happen to be Jenny, would it? You asked, stating the obvious.

"Yupp!"

'It figures. There's Jenny's everywhere' You thought. You thanked her and began once again walking to the Pokemon center.

It was dark out by the time you had made it to the Pokemon Center. You stepped through the automatic doors as they slid open and walked in. Oddly enough though, Nurse Joy wasn't at the front desk. You tilted your head.

"Um, hello? Nurse Joy?" You said, looking behind the counter. No answer. You looked at the back wall at the operation doors to see the light, indicating it was in use, was on. You furrowed your brows. Your eyes trailed over to see a boy sitting next to the doors. He had his head hung. His hair was short and pitch black. He wore a red ball cap and a blue and white sleevless jacket with a black undershirt. He appeared to be depressed. You contemplated if you should ask or not, but curiosity got the best of you, as usual. You cautiously walked over to him.

"Uhm, hello?" You said. He lifted his head and you met eyes with him. Somehow, this boy seemed a bit familiar to you. Like you had seen him somewhere before.

"Is Nurse Joy around?" You asked. His eyes looked over a the door. You looked away to look at the door.

"Oh" You really wanted to ask what was bothering him. "If you dont mind me asking, because you seem a bit down, what are you in here for?" He looked back at you and looked at pikachu who sat on your shoulder.