::Twentyone:: The Confession

You sighed, as your feelings were contorted from side to side. All that heartache and rivalry was getting out of hand. It caused a mental strain on you, and while the two of them never did it on purpose, it still hurt a lot. But you had to put all those feelings aside. You had to press on so you could fight at the saffron gym for your next badge.

It would be hard, but you had to do it. You sighed as you watched the fire in front of you burn brightly, just like your passion for battling was. You couldn't do anything without your pokemon by your side. Especially pikachu. Your eyes met with the adorable fluff sitting beside you.

"Pika" You smiled at the pikachu. You always found it hard to understand pokemon language.

You giggled, wondering what the little one was thinking. She was always by your side, unconditionally fighting for your right.

"What's so funny?" Ash asked as the fire beat again his face.

You blinked "Nothing. Sometimes I just find it hard to understand pokemon language is all"

Ash hummed, but then his eyes became quite serious while looking at you. You perked.

"You understand human language, right?"

Uh

"Y-yeah, obviously"

"Then tell me if you understand this. (Y/N), I know we've only known each other for a few months now, but I just have to tell you, you're the prettiest girl in Kanto"

"U-uh, thanks" You blushed, but the fire hid it away.

"Will...you accompany to the mysterious wedding today?"

"No" You spoke bluntly.

"B-but (Y/N), I love you"

"I..love you too. I luuuuuvvv you!"

But while this was going on, Misty and Brock could only stand by, taking snaps of the beautiful moment like the hopeless AshX(Y/N) they were.

"Marry me!"

"No"

"Why?!"

"I-i..I don't love you! Whoopsies!"

"(Y/N)!" Ash cried out in heartache as he shouted from the top of his lungs.

"I.. am in love with another"

Little did you know in the bushes, a mysterious man was walking amongst the forest.

"Who is this man?!"

"He"

The tension was building up

"Is"

Ash was on the edge of his seat

"You"

Ash's face lit up in delight "Marry me!"

You turned your face the other way "No"

"(Y/N)!"

"I..am in love....with Gary"

"With me?!" A sudden figure jumped out from the bushes, who appeared to be your friend Gary.

"Yes"

"(Y/N)!" Ash cried out.

"Gary?!" You exclaimed.

"The mysterious wedding happens to just be ours! And you, are not invited" Gary said, sticking his tongue out at Ash. Gary suddenly got serious.

"Ash, will you be my best man?"

"Of course i will! I still hate you"

"W-wait, there's something you both need to know"

The both of them suddenly turned to you

"I..I don't love you"

They both gasped.

"I-i.. I have a confession to make"

They quirked a brow. When you threw on a black mask, you got very serious, with the winds blowing your hair.

"I'm batman" You said in a gruff and low voice.

They both gasped..again.

You threw on a cape

"Let us fight crime together, pikachu!"

You hopped out into the night, and were never seen again. You accepted your dark and tragic past to the fullest. You lived your life fighting crime, and were a hero. The End.