::Ten::

After surrendering to the squirtle squad, them ans Meowth brought the four of you, with an ill pikachu, to a hide out where they waited for the team rocket duo to return. You, Ash, Brock and Misty were tied to a boulder while both pikachu were locked in a cage, you presumed were to be taken away with team rocket. You on the other hand, couldn't stop looking at pikachu's general direction. She was unconscious, and ill,due to the attack she sustained earlier.

"Just you wait, Jessie and James will be back soon" Meowth said.

"She needs medicine" Ash said, also looking toward pikachu. You turned back to the squirtle squad.

"Why would you waste your time with Meowth? He's only a lier!" You exclaimed.

"Keep quiet. Humans are liers as well. What makes you think they'll listen to you" Meowth asked. You could only grit your teeth and hold back your tongue. You had to make some sort of deal. Pikachu needed medicine, and you had to go get it somehow.

"Pikachu doesnt look so good" Misty said.

"There's potion that would cure her, but it's all the way in town" Brock added. You turned back to the squirtle squad.

"Please, you have to let me get the potion!" You begged. The squirtle seemed to comtemplate your request.

"She's only gonna get worse if we dont hurry!" You begged on.

"Lets say I do let you go. How can I trust you'll come back?" Meowth asked.

"I would never leave her! Don't even think for a second I wouldn't come back!" Meowth thought about your request. "I dont care what happens to me, just let me do this!"

"Whats in it for us?" It asked, hopping up to your level. There always had to be a catch. You really had to think about it. What would you be willing to trade for anothers life?

Then, you thought of it. It was the only way. Nothing else would work. You balled your hands into fists. You sighed heavily, ready to make this decision.

"I'll go with Team Rocket"

A trainer with spiky brown hair and squirtle, who had been pondering after a phone call, was making his way toward town, to retrieve medicine for his pokemon. He kept repeating those same words that were spoken to him as he got closer to the village.

He picked up the telephone, and dialed the number for Professor Oaks lab, awaiting to tell him of his progress. And the professor picked up.

"Ah! Gary! It's nice to talk to you again!" The older professor spoke to his grandson.

"Hey, Gramps!" Gary said, greeting his grandfather. He had so many questions and things to tell him of his journey so far.

"So, how've been?"

"I've been great, i've caught a lot of pokemon, and seen a lot of new places. That loser Ash probably already gave up and went back home" Gary sneered.

"Oh, i'm afraid not! I talked to him a few days ago. He's caught quite a few pokemon already and made some new friends" Gary didnt care too much hearing about Ash. He was mainly focused on his own journey, and perhaps seeing (Y/N) again after so long.

"I also heard that he and (Y/N) met!" Gary seemed a bit taken back from this news. "She and him have become good friends and have been traveling together with a few other friends. What a coincidence that all three of you now know each other, and you're all from the same town!" Gary suddenly started to feel slightly jealous that his supposed rival started traveling with his best friend.

Gary had never really felt jealousy toward another person. He had everything he ever wanted, and in his mind, was the best trainer there was.

He wasnt gonna let anyone defeat him, especially not his loser of a rival.

Your friends looked shocked at the sudden decision you had made.

"Go with Team Rocket? You can't!" Ash pleaded.

"This is the only way I can save pikachu" You said, looking toward Ash. "I dont have any other option"

"You got a deal, kid" Meowth said. "But if you're not back by tomorrow morning, then we might not be here"

You really did realize what you were doing. You didnt have a plan to get out of this. Never in your mind did you ever want to be apart of their team, but for anothers sake, you were willing to risk it.

They untied you from the boulder. You gave pikachu one last look.

"Are you sure about this? Let me go with you!" Ash pleaded.

"I'll be fine. And don't worry! I'll be back before tomorrow!" You said. "You know me! I can do this!"

"Alright. Atleast take one of my pokemon with you"

"What for? I have plenty of pokemon" You asked.

"I know, but that way, I can atleast help you in one way or another" He dug into his pocket and let you use bulbasaur.

"Thank you, Ash!" You smiled. gave your friends one last glance, and headed off.

According to the directions you were given, getting back before tomorrow didnt seem like a problem. But your obstacles seemed more trouble than you thought.

You suddenly made it to a rigid and old bridge by a river. The bridge looked unstable, and not safe for walking on. Pikachu's image flashed in your mind. Turning back wasnt an option. You held tightly onto the rope on the bridge, not to lose balance while trying to make your way over. You shrieked as your foot stepped on a weak board, and watched as it fell into the river below you.

"That.. was close" You said, still holding onto the rope. You kept to the side, holding the rope. The bridge under neath you suddenly collapsed, and you were left hanging by the rope. You tried to pull the weight of yourself across the rope. Then you remembered the pokeball Ash let you borrow. You dug into your pocket and threw the pokeball

"I choose you!" You called out as bulbasaur emerged on the other side of the river.

"I need your help!" You called out to it. Bulbasaur used vine whip and wrapped around you, landing you safely on the ground.

"Thanks, bulbasaur! You can return now!" You said, returning it to it's ball. You put the ball back in your pocket and continued onward to the village to retrieve medicine.

Not even an hour later, you reached the edge of a cliff, and a village was in site. It seemed a little empty, but you were sure there was someone there that could help you.

'Just a little bit longer, pikachu'

You stepped foot into the village, and it was like a ghost town. There was hardly anyone there.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?" You called out. In your search for a person, you finally found the pokemon shop Brock had mentioned. You made it a bit closer, and walked up the steps, when suddenly, a door swung open, hitting you right in the face, which caused you to stumble back a bit.

"Ow!" You turned to the person that hit you "Hey, watch where you're-" You stopped mid sentence, as you were stunned to see who had hit you with the door. "-going"