::Twentyfour::

You could feel the adrenaline of excitement in you as you stared back at the city lights of the small town of Saffron City, where your hopes in reaching your next badge was in sight.

But it wasn't just adrenaline you could feel. That same, eerie gravitational pull of your smidge telekinesis was enough to distract you into a daydream.

But you had to think, after Haunter had volunteered to come along, your battle was starting to look up.

You sighed, trying to push down the feeling of wavering and focus on your gym battle.

You turned around to look at your three accompanies friends, however, one seemed less enthusiastic about the floating Pokémon above your head.

You placed your hands on your hips as Ash and Misty only looked on in confusion.

"What's wrong Brock?" Ash asked.

"Come on, I know I was scared of Haunter at first, but it's grown on me"

You raised an eyebrow, folding your arms over your chest, and lightly nudging the ginger haired girl.

"Really? And yet, you can't get over your fear of bugs?" You asked slyly.

"They're slimey and creepy and it's a valid fear" She huffed.

Your expression dropped of that of a less enthusiastic expression "Whatever"

You turned back around and stared down at your chance of opportunity.

Now that you had more of an idea of what you were doing, you felt way more confident than you did before. With Haunter on your side, Sabrina was in for a world of trouble. You felt a burning passion in you just imagining as you earned your next badge after this one.

Sabrina completely wiped the floor with you, making you and Charmander look just sad. If Gary had been watching your match, would he had been laughing at you?

You mentally shook your head. No. Now wasn't the time to think like that.

It was only a matter of time before you were standing in the Indigo Plateau stadium, facing off opponents, eliminating trainers one by one, almost practically unstoppable. To think, it felt like such a short time ago that you started this journey with Pikachu.

To come to this standing point was amazing, especially going in with friends that you never thought you'd make.

In all this excitement and adrenaline, you had to wonder though, where was your next badg-

"Come on, (Y/N)! Stop staring and let's go!" Ash hollered.

You flinched out of your train of thought and looked around, seeing your companions father ahead than you after you stopped in lala land, looking a little less patient by the second.

"R-right!"

You felt the flame inside you burn even more as you stood in front of the gym that you once fled from before. Even with Haunter at your side now, you still had to be cautious.

But as you had gotten closer to psychic gym, that gravitational pull was frowning heavier and heavier on you, and as for some reason, felt stronger than the last time you were there.

From what you experienced last time, Sabrina wasn't a gym leader you could take lightly. She was fierce, cold, and almost heartless. If you had stared her right in the eyes long enough, you probably could feel her cold eyes stinging your heart.