::Fifteen::

Walking across the bridge, both you, and your friend Ash, who seemed to mimic your expression after having both battles against Lieutenant Serge gone better than expected. You worked so hard to get that badge, and it paid off. A break would be relaxing, something to help you unwind before going back to training, especially now since Saffron City was where your next badge was.

Pikachu sat on top of your head, while so did Ash's companion. Finally getting across the bridge, the four of you were met with a crystal blue ocean, and waiting upon it was beautiful cruise ships, having passengers board them.

You and your friends gawked at the sight. "Wow!"

"Imagine getting to cross the sea in that!" Ash gawked.

"Man, i'd love to go on a cruise like that!" You exclaimed, staring up at the large ships. "Just think of all of the pokemon we'd be able to see!"

Your mind suddenly started drifting off, imagining sun bathing along the ocean waters, relaxing. The thought made you excited. Getting to see so many new and exciting pokemon, and while maybe getting in some extra training.

"Yeah! It'd be wonderful!" Misty said, to which you assumed she was having the same thoughts as you were.

"Too bad we could never afford it" Brock said, cutting your day dream short. Reality was a harsh thing. You dug into your wallet to see what money you had left. You had maybe enough money for a bag of pokemon food. You sighed, shoving your wallet back in your pocket.

"You had to bring in reality, Brock" You sighed.

"It was nice while it lasted" Ash sighed. The four of you turned away from the enormous cruise ship, and walked away in a slump. Maybe one day, but that day was not today. While having your head hanging, a sudden snap startled you, making all four of you jump back in surprise. Streamers suddenly hit you in the face, while what seemed like two tanned high school girls pranced around with smiles on their face.

"Congratulations! Like, you guys are waaay lucky!" They both spoke in unison. You blinked, staring at the two. They seemed to be holding exactly four tickets.

"Like, you guys totally get to go on a deluxe sea cruise!"

"A sea cruise?" The four of you asked in unison. One of them suddenly got real close to you.

"Well, like, we just so happen to have these incredible tickets for you!"

"Coool!" The other girl squealed. You quirked a brow, looking closer at the tickets that read 'St. Anne'

"Like, there's going to be an exclusive cool party"

You tilted your head.

"And it's for pokemon trainers only"

"Coool!" Once again, the other one squealed.

"Like, right this way! Only the most radical people will be there!"

You hmed. Ash suddenly inched a bit closer to you "Do you know anyone that says 'radical' anymore?"

You shook your head. "Nope"

One of the taller girls stretched out her arm to the four of you "Like, here are your tickets!"

You wanted to take the offer, but as nice as it was, you had to reject it. "As much as we'd like to take your offer, we can't afford it"

"Oh, no no, no! You don't understand!" She stopped you, waving a hand in front of you.

"Cooool!"

"Like, they're totally free!"

"Free?" Ash asked.

"Tot.ally. free!"

"Then how come you're giving them to us?" You asked.

"Like, we have to go out with our boyfriends, but we didn't want these to go to waste. We saw you guys, and you looked totally cool!"

"Uh, thanks!" Ash said, retrieving the St. Anne tickets.

"Have a nice day!" They both squealed, and suddenly skipping off, leaving the four of you a little dumbfounded. Mostly you.

"Huh. I guess this is really cool" You added, looking at the tickets. The four of you glanced around the enormous docking station for all the cruise ships, hoping to find the Saint Anne.

"Which one do you think it is?" Brock asked. Glancing around, your eyes finally came across a ship that would then fit your description. You pointed to the specific boat.

"I think it's that one!"

You and your friends gawked at the large ship. You couldn't believe you were actually going on a cruise! When you were little, you always dreamed of going on a ship as big as that one, and to travel with a good close friend. At the time, you thought it had been with Gary since he was the only friend you ever thought you'd need. Your family wasn't rich enough to afford a luxury as amazing as an expensive cruise ship.

"Man, this'll be so cool!" Ash cheered. Smooth sailing on the clear blue waters, surrounded by pokemon sounded like a dream come true! Walking away from your spot, the four of you walked up toward the stairs, boarding the ship. You gladly handed over your passes to the ticket holder who was standing and waiting at the top of the stairs, and welcomed you aboard the cruise.

The four of you then walked inside the ships lobby, and your eyes were basically feasting upon beauty. First off, the first floor was adorned in golden chandeliers, set up with a bunch of dining tables, and rows of buffets for all you can eat. You looked above you. The ceilings went up so high as well, and there was long stair cases that went up along, probably to the passengers dorm rooms. And it was packed with dozens of pokemon trainers, accompanied by pokemon that you probably haven't even seen before.

"Wow!" You gawked. "How beautiful"

The room was full of chatter, and you probably seemed a bit out of place. The four of you started walking the floor, glancing at other trainers who were conversing among each other. Some were even going as far as bragging about each others starters.You giggled at how child like they were.

Looking around the huge room, there was a diverse amount of people around. From kids, to adults. It was nice to see so many different ages coming together. There were lots of pokemon you didnt even know. Walking further onto the floor, the four of you happened to notice huge crowds of people gathered in a circle, cheering.

"I wonder whats going on over there" You said. The four of you walked toward the outside of the crowded circle. You tried to get up on your tippy toes, as there were too many people around. With your pikachu still on your head, both you and your friends tried to push past the crowd to see what all the commotion was. Getting to the front of the crowd, there appeared to be a pokemon battle going on, between a Starmie and a Raticate. The Starmie belonged to a smaller kid, while the the Raticate seemed to belong to a much older man, wearing fancier looking attire.

"Raticate! Hyper fang attack!" The fancier man commanded the rat pokemon. With it's sharp buck teeth, Raticate lunged at the star shaped water pokemon, and knawed at the jewel on the Starmie, cracking it, but not doing harm. The boy gasped, and the Starmie flopped over onto the floor, falling unconscious. The boy seemed worried for it's companions well being, but the older looking man seemed to assure him.

'Huh..' You thought to yourself, looking ahead at the champion of the battle. A strikingly beautiful young woman walked out of the crowd, and latched onto the man, who appeared well acquainted with the older man.

"Well? Isn't anyone else gonna challenge me?" He asked, scanning the crowd. You looked around the crowd, seeing some were skeptical. The mans gaze suddenly fell on you, and you tensed up.

'What about you, little lady?" He asked, pointing his cane at you. You held your hands in front of you.

"Uh- n-no thanks!" You blurted. Battling in big crowds wasnt your thing. Although, it was something you had to get used to. Ash glanced at you and then back at the man.

"I will!" He suddenly raised his hand. Typical. You knew Ash would do anything for a battle. Ash ran off into the center of the crowd, leaving you and the rest of your friends in the crowd.

"How about battling my Butterfree?" He asked. A Butterfree? Against a Raticate? Was definitely an odd pair. But the man seemed to accept the challenge.

"Well, I hope he knows what he's doing" You murmured, placing your hands on your hips. Both Butterfree and Raticate started to do battle, tackling each other back and forth.

"Raticate! Finish it off with Hyper fang attack!" The older man commanded. The Raticate rammed into the butterfly pokemon, but it wasn't phased by it, and seemed to dodge in time.

"Butterfree! Stuns Spore!" A dusty dew suddenly gave off of Butterfree, and sprinkled onto the rat pokemon. The stuns spore suddenly seemed to take effect on Raticate.

"Whirl wind!" Ash commanded. But it was suddenly cut off by the older man.

"I think that's quite enough for you, Raticate" He said, picking up the injured pokemon, and returning it to it's pokeball.

"Hey- but I was winning" Ash whined.

You walked up behind your friend, placing a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, Ash. You'll win next time"

You felt like you were talking to him how you would a child. Oh well.

"Who's next?" The older man asked. He glanced around the crowd. People seemed skeptical, exchanging glances with their friends and companions. Who knows, maybe this would be a good way for you to gain experience, battling in front of a crowd. You went to open your mouth to speak.

"How about you take on a real pokemon trainer!" A male voice from the crowd suddenly cut you off. You glanced around, looking to find the source. Everyone seemed slightly confused, looking around. When suddenly, a young boy, accompanied with a group of women, seemingly cheer leaders, pushed through the crowd of people, and stepped into the middle of the crowd. He had that familiar smug look on his face, and spiked brown hair, with a purple long sleeve shirt. You gasped, mentally face palming. Oh great.