::Eighteen::

Far off, away from the wet ocean, was a large island that appeared barren, and empty. Off the shoreline, laid three young trainers, unconscious in the dry, hot sand.

A black haired trainer stirred in his slumber, with his red ball cap rolled in the sand. He groaned, trying to bring himself from his unconsciousness. He blinked, being met with grainy sand. Ash looked behind his shoulder at his two friends who we're just waking up. Ash pushed himself up from the sand, as did Misty and Brock. Ash picked up the now sandy ball cap, and tried to rid of the gritted texture by patting at it, and placed it on his head.

"Where are we?" Ash asked.

"Looks like that tornado landed us on this island"

However, when they were no longer groggy, they realized something was missing. Ash gasped, noticing you were missing, along with pikachu.

"Where is everyone?" Misty asked. (Y/N), along with Gary, and pikachu, was missing.

"I don't know, but we gotta find them. I'll get Pidgeotto to track them down!" Ash pulled back his jacket to look at his belt, only to see it empty. He gasped.

"My pokemon are gone!" He exclaimed.

"They must've gotten lost in the Dragon Rage" Misty added. Ash hummed. He was worried for (Y/N). Not just because for the sake of finding you, but the thought of Gary finding you before he did..alone in the woods..

Ash spun on his heel, turning his back to his friends, and moving forward toward the woods.

"Where are you going?" Brock asked.

"To find pikachu. Where else?" He asked. Misty suddenly had a smug looked about her, crossing her arms.

"Really? Is that all?" She cooed.

"What? I'm going to find (Y/N) too" He exclaimed.

Misty and Brock exchanged glances, and looked at the determined kid.

"I gotta find (Y/N), before anyone else does!"

"Why?" Misty asked.

"Huh?" Ash said, looking at his ginger friend dumbfounded-ly.

"What's the big rush?" Brock asked.

"Uh.."

"You said 'before anyone else does'" Misty said, placing her hands on her hips. Ash dipped the tip of his ball cap down to hide the slight blush on his face.

"My guess, is your jealous" Misty said.

"Jealous? Of what?" Ash asked, trying to be nonchalant.

"Of Gary"

"I thought we already established that?" Brock asked.

"Yeah! Gary thinks he's so much better than me, but he's wrong!" Ash exclaimed.

"No, not that. I meant when it comes to (Y/N)" Misty added.

Ash pursed his lips together, gulping harshly.

"Ash, maybe, just maybe, you're jealous of Gary being friends with (Y/N)?" Misty asked.

"And why would that be?" He asked.

"Because you like her?"

Ash suddenly flinched back. "What? No! Why would you- ugh, come on, let's get going!" Ash swiftly turned around, not letting his two friends see the blush on his face. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, and kept onward to the quiet, but eerie forest ahead of them.

Your eye lids twitched slightly due to the bright heated sun casted over you. Your mind was awake, but you were still adjusting to the brightness. Sprawled across the ground, you felt around your surroundings, and pried your eyes open. You pulled back slightly due to the intensity of the brightness. You pushed yourself into a sitting position, and glanced around at your surroundings. You seemed to have fallen upon an island shoreline in what seemed to be way far off from where you were. You held your head, grimacing at the slight ache in your head. That Dragon Rage did a number on me.

But once you got a good look at your surroundings, that's when fear kicked in. You were alone. Ash, Misty and Brock were no where to be seen for miles, and pikachu was no where in sight. Gary was also missing as well, and you started to panic. The only thing that filled the empty void was a quite and eerie large forest ahead of you, that probably went on for miles. You pouted slightly. What now?

You stood in the sand, kicking at it slightly. But then a thought came to you.

"I can just use my pokemon to help me!" You exclaimed. You dug through your half empty belt..wait..Half empty!?

Half of your pokemon we're missing, and only one remained. But alas. You sighed. So much for help. You groaned.

"I guess it's on foot from here" Glancing onward at the forest ahead of you, and took a daring step forward toward the forest.

A few minutes passed, and your ears were filled with clatter of leaves, and bushes being rustled by who knows what. You were a bit on edge. You figured your friends ended up on the island as well, as there wasn't a trace of anything else for miles.

You sucked in a gulp of air and cupped your hands around your mouth "Ash!" You hollered, your voice echoing for miles.

"Misty! Brock! Gary?!" You shrieked. No answer. No sign of a response, or echo in the distance.

"Pikachu!" You hollered another once more.

"They've gotta be here somewhere. They just gotta be"

Trudging through branches and bushes, you pushed out of the way, while you stepped upon fallen twigs, making a snap sound. You glanced up at the sun that peered through the tree's above you.

"I can't keep walking alone like this. And it's gonna get dark eventually. And without light, it's almost impossible to find anything"

You kicked a pebble. This scenario looked familiar to you. You always had found a way to wound up lost when you and Gary were kids, as you were quite the adventurous child. One thing you were always taught was in case you came up lost, was to stay put, and eventually, you'd be found. Although, in this type of situation, the forest was a lot bigger.

Something stuck in your mind. A small memory from a time you were stuck in the woods. You stumbled upon a creature, one that was almost familiar, but you couldn't identify it. It almost looked like a legendary pokemon. But it's eyes were cold, and tried to shrug you off. Your image of it had since faded, but you wondered if you'd see it again.

A sudden rustle in front of you tore you from your thoughts, making you jolt in your spot. Was it a pokemon? Maybe it was one of your friends? May it was Team Rocket?! Not wanting to face the dangers head on, you ducked behind a tree trunk, and peered out from behind. Your gaze was fixated on the moving bush in front of you, anticipating what was on the other side.

A small familiar creature popped out of the messy bush, with it's thunder bolt of a tail shaking along with it's body. The ribbon attached to her tail indicated which one was which.

"Pikachu!" You exclaimed. She glanced up at you, whom was still standing behind the tree. Her face suddenly lit up, with her red rosy button cheeks smiling. You spread out your arms and crouched down to her level. She lunged into your embrace, and you squeezed her in a bear hug.

"I'm so glad I found you!" You lightened up on the tight hug and glanced down at her "You didn't happen to find the others, did you?"

When she shook her head, your face sunk slightly. You hoped everyone was alright. But finding Pikachu was a priority, and now that you two were reunited, you could move on to finding everyone else. You rose up from the ground, with her still in your arms.

"I guess we better keep going. If we don't find the others before it get's dark, we can build a fire somewhere, and rest there for the night. Sound good?" You asked. She nodded in agreement. She wiggled with ease out of your arms and crawled up onto your shoulder.