::Twentyfive::

You sighed exasperatly as you stood in front of the the telephone chat box, anxiously waiting to reach out and dial the familiar number as you stood in the middle of the empty landscape that was a small desert.

You didn't hate talking to Professor Oak at all, actually it was the complete opposite. You always thought of him as family, especially since your parents were such good friends in the field. And even then, you weren't blood related. And the same went for Gary, he was like one of those obnoxious brothers but he had a soft spot under some circumstances

But Ash didn't have that same relations with them. Professor Oak always tried to compare the two rivals and sometimes you were strung in the middle of it.

You sighed one last time before moving your hand towards the dial to press in the telephone number.

Part of you was hoping he was busy making tea or discovering new Pokémon and you could just go right to voice mail.

As the dial rung for a few more seconds you were on the verge of hanging up, until a click on the othe end was heard and an elderly face popped up on the video box.

You sweatdropped and tried to hide your ignorance.

"Ah, good morning (Y/N)"

"Good morning, professor!" You put aside your feelings and let your positive emotions taken in.

"I take it you're calling with good news?" He asked, sipping from the hot tea in his hand.

You flinched at the sudden reminder of why you wanted to call in the first place.

"Oh that's right!" You beamed. You dug around in your baggy pockets for a slim case that held your badges.

You pulled out a slim narrow case and held it up for the professor to see and snapped the case open, revealing an array of colourful badges.

The professors face seemed to light up in delight at seeing so many badges in the case.

"I see you got your Marsh Badge, impressive"

"Yup. That makes 7 badges"

"So that means there's only one left to go!"

You smiled, trying to picture an awarding victory of your final badge.

"That's impressive though, not even your other rivals have gotten that far, including Gary"

And there he goes, comparing anyone to Gary again.

"What about Ash? I haven't heard from him in awhile"

You hummed "Ash? What about him?"

"It's just that, he hasn't checked in with me in awhile. How is he? You two aren't still fighting, are you?"

You opened your mouth "How did you-"

"I can read human emotions just as well as I read Pokémon"

Well, you had to hand it to him. He was Professor Oak after all.

"And I've known you since you were a little girl, nothing gets past me"

You giggled lightly "I guess you have a point"

Once the light tickle in your chest died down, you came up with an answer.

"He and I made up awhile ago, back in Vermillon City. He's doing great as well, he just caught his 4th badge"