CHAPTER SEVEN:

Squirt didn't know how long she sat there and spoke with Will, their friendship growing with each word, but by the time the moon had fully risen into the night sky, they both decided to go their own ways, Will, to the castle and Squirt, to the shack. Although, as far as Will knew, it was to a home in the village.
By the time squirt reached the shack and climbed back into the window, she heard the bustle of cooking and saucepans in stoves and Halt's cursing at things as usual. She took a satisfied breath when she realised he hadn't realised she had gone.
Suddenly, the peace she found with Will that night disappeared as the memory of their fight haunted her again. He hadn't denied keeping a secret from her, which made things worse.
Squirt sat upon her bed, hating the feeling of the barrier between them. In the fight, she had exploded into an anger that she had never pointed toward at Halt before. Confronting him about him keeping something from her was just out of pure anger of wanting to blame him, but the way his eyes fell into this darkness of exposure still made the chills claw at her.
~
Halt walked into Squirt room to find her staring out her window, lost in thought. His words were what dragged her back to he room by saying, "Supper's ready." She nodded, not looking at him, keeping her head down as he held the door open and she walked past him like he wasn't even there.
They both set themselves at the table, the chair Squirt had knocked over was set back up now, and took her seat there, while Halt took his own seat next to her.
He watched her with every movement she made, over-analysing it all too much.
After they began eating, he started to believe they would never be the same which started to ache in his chest to no end, when her voice broke the silence between the two.
"Halt," she began, the way her eyes flickered to one object of the room to the other, confirmed to him that she wasn't sure what to say.
"I'm sorry." He said before she could say anymore, hoping that it was enough, the way he poured all this raw emotion that he never revealed to her or anyone into those two words.
Squirt turned to him, looking in his eyes for the first time since the fight. "I need to know I can trust you." She said, her own cheating aching with the longing to be able to speak to him like she had.
"You can." He said, keep a steady gaze as his voice inside his head kept chanting
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
"How?" Squirt squeaked out, "I need you to promise me you're not keeping anything from me," Squirt kept her eyes level with Halt's.
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
"Please." Squirt said, almost inaudible, pleading with her eyes for the truth. Halt nodded.
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
"I promise." Halt said, and the relief flooded through Squirt as she leaned forward and clung to Halt, embracing him in a warm hug. He kept telling himself it was the right thing to do, but he couldn't shake the feeling of regret when he said those words.
So, as if to comfort himself for the lies he let slide from his mouth he kept chanting inside his head.
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
And they kept chattering away through the night, about Will and his potential and about tomorrow. And even when Halt went to bed his mind's voice was still chanting;
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
Only until tomorrow
A/N: hi guyyyyyyssssssss!!!!!! Sorry for the short chapter, but what do you guys think so far? Do you agree with what Halt's doing? Do you like the friendship growing between Will and Squirt?! tell me your opinions, I'll read them all and I promise I'll take it all in positively XD
-Jess <3