EPILOGUE

Annabelle sat on the ground, leaning her back against a tree, with darkness surrounding her. She couldn't believe that Will, the first boy she had ever loved, just crushed her pride like he had done. Tears ran freely out of her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. She sobbed and wheeped for a while. thinking about when she first laid eyes on him.

(flashback)

Suddenly she felt a tight grip around her shoulder and she turned to see who it was. It was a boy around her age with dark brown eyes that sparkled in the afternoon sun, he was a little small for his age she thought, then as she had the thought she realised who it was. It was the boy Will who Halt had kept carrying on about.

(end of flashback)

Suddenly Belle started remebering all the memories they had together. All the things they had been through. Now, it was all gone.

Belle felt her heart ache and more tears escaped her brown eyes.

Suddenly a noise of a twig snapping caught Belle's attention. She instantly went silent.

"Will, if that's you, please go away." Belle said suspiciously.

There was no response.

Belle swallowed loudly and another noise of footsteps alerted Belle. Belle sensed that this wasn't Will or anyone Belle knew. The footsteps seemed to get louder as Belle searched the darkness around her.

She quickly got to her feet and could just make out a bush in front of her that seemed to be movingmore than the other trees and bushes.

She slowly made her way toward the bush, her breath being the only sound she was making. When she was in arms rach, she slowly took hold of some branches. Then, in one sudden move, pulled back the small branches to reveal a Wargal.

Belle let out a frightened gasp as the Wargal let out a low growl, revealing it's yellow and digusting fangs. Belle stepped back and drew breath to scream, when she bumped into something solid. A furry claw covers Belle's mouth, preventing her to scream or making any sound for that matter. She was then kicked in the legs, making her fall to the ground and was then dragged on her back not able to help herself in any way.

Hard sharp rocks and sticks kept jabbing into her back and everytime she made a single sound something sharp would be pressed against the skin of her neck. The Wargal she had seen  behind the bush was walking by Belle's feet and she assumed another Wargal was holding her, covering her mouth and dragging her.

Belle had never been mre scared in her life.

What was going to happen to her? What did the Wargals want from her?

Tears of fear sprang from her eyes and her back was aching from the amount of sharp things piercing into her skin, and she had no doubt that her back was bleeding.

Finally, the agony stopped after a good twenty minutes. The Wargal let go of her and Belle let her injured body flop on the ground. She struggled to keep her eyes open, but when she suddenly heard a low rumble of a Wargal talking, she opened her eyes.

"Who do we have here?" the barely comprehandable speaking Wargal said. Belle knew that not very many Wargals talked and usually relied on mind reading, but Belle had heard myths that some gifted Wargals could taalk and communicate with humans. 

Belle forced her eyelids to lift so she could take in her surroundings. She saw 3 Wargals staring down at her. Belle felt her stomach lurch. These were the monsters that had killed her mother. She slowly moved her hand to the hilt of her sword, which the Wargals had surprisingly not noticed yet. She gripped onto the steel, waiting for the right moment to unsheath it and kill them.