CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO:

“Baby Followed us” Belle heard as she came in to ear shot. “He’s going to regret that!” an evil voice said. Belle heard ruffling of feet and as Belle came in to view, she saw the three bullies were surrounding the injured Horace. Belle saw Will but he didn’t very hurt. So far, no one had seen Belle or heard Beauty’s hoof beats. Then, once Belle was within 10 metres of the bullies they all turned with shocked faces.

“Yeah! And so did I!” Belle yelled. At the sound of Belle’s voice, he looked up to see Belle’s injured body. She hadn’t any bruises on her face unlike Horace, but instead had blood dripping from her temple where one of the bullies had hit her with the cane when the sack was over her head. The bullies hesitated for a second, but then, with Alda’s signal, Jerome started coming at Belle. Belle pulled on the reins slightly and Beauty instantly went to her hind legs scaring Jerome, making him trip over. Beauty’s hooves only just missed Jerome’s head as he rolled to the left. Belle, climbed out of the seat carefully. If Belle hadn’t have been injured she would have leaped off Beauty, but her body wasn’t up for it. Belle still had a wooden sword and after Jerome made it back up to his feet came after Belle once again. Jerome was tall and stood of Belle by 3 inches but Belle didn’t let that get in the way. Instead, she used it as her advantage. Once Jerome was within a metre of her, she rolled to the ground, smashing into Jerome’s legs, making him toppled over. Belle screamed in pain her ribs feeling like they had just shattered into a million pieces. Jerome had recovered quickly and got back to his feet. Belle tried to get up as well, but her body couldn’t handle it anymore and gave up. Belle saw Jerome come at her in fuzzy vision but her body refused to do anything. Then suddenly, the familiar whizz sound of an arrow being shot was like music to Belle’s ears. Belle saw Jerome topple to the ground and then she things went blurry. Belle squinted hard to regain proper vision but couldn’t. Then, as if someone had just blown out a candle, everything went black.

<-------<<<-

Belle jolted up right as soon as she came back in to consciousness. Her head throbbed and she found herself inside her room. She was alone and she was thankful to see that her father wasn’t sitting next to her waiting to give her a speech that she would be released from her ranger duties. Belle flicked the covers off herself and realise she was in the same clothes that she had been wearing just before she lost consciousness. Belle staggered a few paces as she stood up straight and her vision wobbled but after several seconds of standing still her vision and balance went back to normal.  Belle mad her way to the door and heard voice. They were muffled and she couldn’t understand what they were saying. Her door opened with a loud creak and the voices immediately stopped, Belle pooped her head open to see Halt, Will, Rodney and Horace. Belle smiled at them and they smiled back. Halt got out of his chair and came to Belle’s side.

“Are you alright?” He asked. Belle giggled

“Apart from a few broken ribs, I’m alright” Belle smiled widely at Halt, he gave Belle a small smile but he didn’t look very amused.

“I’ll have to tell your father about this” Belle sighed

“Do you have to? Can’t you just keep it a secret?” Halt shook his head

“I’ve kept enough secrets in my life time” Belle couldn’t disagree with Halt there, and so Belle slowly nodded in agreement

“Fine, but you can tell him that I’m not giving up my apprenticeship” Halt nodded. Then Rodney’s voice cut off their conversation.

“Annabelle…” Rodney began “Annabelle, I am so sorry about what happened to you, I should have known and when you were trying to tell me what was happening I called you a spoiled little brat and I’m so sorry for that” Belle nodded

“It’s ok Rodney, you misunderstood and I understand” Belle replied but Rodney shook his head

“I shouldn’t have gone off at you like that and I should have known that if you were pinning down someone that you were doing it for a good reason and-” Belle cut him off

“Rodney, it’s fine, I’m fine and it’s all turned out be good”

“Yeah except you and Horace are severely hurt” Rodney said. As Rodney said Horace, Belle had looked over at him for the first time. Horace had ice on his eye which had now swollen up.

“How are you Horace?” Belle asked. Horace shrugged off the question

“I’m fine” Belle heard Rodney sigh and saw him draw breath.

“Rodney that’s enough, stop punishing yourself! Belle held a firm gaze on Rodney and within seconds he lowered his eyes. “Now,” Belle continued in a more sweet tone “I would very much like it if we became friends again” Rodney looked up and Belle saw a hint of a smile play on his lips.

“Yes, I would like that as well” Rodney said. They both smiled at each other. Belle took a seat at the table next Will. Will put his arm around Belle and kissed her gently on her head. Belle smiled at him and loved how special she felt whenever she was around him. They all had some coffee and talked until nightfall. Then everyone started to get tired and went to sleep.