CHAPTER I.I: GLORIOUS MYSTERIES: PROGENITOR

PROGENITOR

Everyone had and will have someone that will make a huge impact on their lives. While there have been a lot of people who were significant to me, the most influential person, the person who molded me, guided me and still guiding me is none other than my MOTHER.

Anna Liza Magsalin Valdez-Forbes, my mother who never stops guiding me each day, who never get tired of waking up early to cook breakfast for our family, who always make sure I wake up in time for school, who teaches me and my siblings good manners, is the person who made the most impact in my life.

She was born on October 16, 1972 in Manila. She have 4 siblings. Two brothers and 2 sisters. She is the youngest among them. She studied at Sacred Heart Academy of La Loma on her primary to secondary level while at Centro Escolar University in her tertiary education, and took up Dental Technician in the university. She refused to take the Dental Technologist Licensure Examination.

My mother had lived a simple life as a student. She stayed with her grandparents throughout her entire unmarried life. She used to help them manage their sari-sari store. She did not forget to respect her parents. In fact, she grew kind and thoughtful to them and even to her siblings. If a child ever has a responsibility to his parents, my mother was responsible enough to accomplish it.

Although she isn't a licensed dental tech., she had helped her community in some ways. In 1993 my mom ran and won as an SK in their barangay. She said, their batch was one of the first SKs.

My mother is my guidance, buddy, and sometimes the antagonist in my life. Antagonist because sometimes, we argue due to misunderstandings. She is sometimes insensitive of my feelings. Compares me to others, which makes me upset and makes me hate her until my anger ceases away. But some other times, I am the wrong one and will realize she does and say those things to correct me and motivate me to strive harder.

Whatever happens, whatever misunderstandings me and my mother will have, she will always be my mother, the person who I came from, the person who first accepted me, took care of me and loved me, and no one can replace her in my heart.

I thank God for giving me "Anna Liza Magsalin Valdez-Forbes" as my progenitor.