41.

*You're gonna be so pissed after this. Lol I had to. I need one last hurrah before it all goes to shit.
*Good news! It's kind of long :)

* had to edit it because my tired ass made some stupid mistakes lol thank you guys for pointing them out

"You can try to replace me with alcohol and boys and men, but that hole will always be there. And no one, not he nor you, will be able to fill it. The truth is, we belong to each other. I'm yours. You're mine. I think you know that. I think loving me was the greatest mistake you ever made, and it kills you because without me, you'll never feel this way again."

*****

"You look nervous."

Raven put down the last plate and raised a brow at me.

Did I? I was. Me and Brandon have been together for almost two months now. One month, eighteen days. And he was finally meeting Niccoló. I offered Raven a tentative smile.

"You think it'll go well, right?"

She shrugged. "Don't see why not."

"Because it's Nic. He's mean. He'll be mean to Brandon."

"I made him promise to be cordial."

"What if they don't like each other?"

"Then, they won't. Neila, babe, they're both doing this for you. You think Niccoló's interested in seeing you with another guy? No. But you asked, so he'll be there."

"He's bringing Valerie."

"And I'm sure you're not too excited to see her either."

I bit my lip, my shoulders drooping. "I see your point."

"They're not going to be best friends. But at least they'll have met, and then that'll be that. Run ins might not be so awkward."

"I guess. How far away is Nic?"

"I'll call him."

I nod and watch as she walks towards her room. I'd already talked to Brandon, and he was five minutes away. I'd warned him beforehand about Niccoló. Nic was blunt and crude, and I didn't want him to throw Brandon off. I knew Brandon would be respectful, and I only hoped Niccoló would do the same. Sighing, I finished setting up the table. Raven cooked, because I'd been too nervous and anxious to.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out my pocket, glancing at the screen. Coming up. From Brandon. He was here. I went to the door and opened it, before going to the bathroom to wash my face. It was ridiculous how I was being. I just wanted it to go well.

I heard Brandon come in and went out to give him a hug. His lips found mine. He tasted sweet, like always, and I found myself leaning into him.

"Hey," he murmured, after pulling away.

"Hey," I smile.

He peels off his jacket and hangs it up. "Food smells good."

"Yeah, Raven did good."

At the sound of her name, she poked her head out from her bedroom and offered Brandon a wide grin. "Hey! Be out in a second. Neila, he'll be here any second. I told him to just come up, so leave the door open for him."