Chapter Three: Romance Gone Wrong

After a week or two of (F/n) joining in with the boy's practice, they began asking her about being their manager. Lev even poked his head into her classroom and asked her during break. Everyone in the classroom was surprised to see this, as (F/n) had become a very quiet person. She answered with a smile and an 'I'll think about it.'

Needless to say, she became awfully popular with the boys volleyball team. Yamamoto wouldn't chill about this entire situation, talking nonstop about how they'll 'finally have a hot female manager' and that 'he'd have to tell Tanaka' whoever that was.

This earned a volleyball to the back of the head by both Kuroo and (F/n) every time he spoke about this.

"(L/n)-san, are you going to?" Her classmate snapped her out of her thoughts, and she blinked up at them in slight confusion.

"She means 'are you going to be their manager'." Another kid clarified, and (F/n) merely shrugged.

"I dunno." She fiddled with the edge of her sleeve. "I was thinking about stopping joining them altogether... but I think–" She stopped talking when one of her male classmates walked into the classroom with some of his friends, and the two she was talking to flinched slightly.

The girl didn't look up when he passed her desk, and decided to stick with the team a little longer. The other two seemed to notice her change of mind and silently agreed.

Everyone in the school knew about the romance gone wrong. They were the perfect couple, getting together midway through their second year. He cut it off the moment he got the news that she was in the hospital, about to get her leg amputated.

He'd said that he didn't want to date a 'monster'.

Her comeback was, 'you were already dating one'.

It wasn't long until she'd told Kenma he'd been abusive, and from then on, the boy made sure she had someone to walk home with.

The bell rang, and the teacher got up from her desk to take attendance. Then started the class.

*****

"Oi, (F/n)." A familiar voice called as she opened her locker to put away her things at the end of the day.

She didn't turn around. "Something you need?" She didn't know if her voice could get any quieter. She pulled her sports bag out, and slung it over her shoulder.

"Aww, what's a pretty girl doing with such high end equipment? We won't want you to hurt yourself." He cooed, and she looked down at her feet, her hands tightening on the strap. "Give that bag to me and I can make enough money to buy you the makeup you need to make yourself even more beautiful, how 'bout it?"

"W-well, I have to go to the gym today on my way home to work out, you see." (F/n) lied on the spot, closing her locker door and locking it quickly.

"I can walk you there, if you'd like." He said smoothly.

"Ah, n-no, you don't need–"

"(F/n)-chan!" Lev's voice cheerfully called, and she looked up to see the tall first year heading towards her. She tensed up and quickly ducked away from her ex and went over to the giant.

"Lev, remind me to get you ice cream later." She whispered to him as he turned to walk with her to the gymnasium.

The silver haired boy tilted his head at her in confusion. He'd never seen her walk or speak so... small before. She normally carried herself with pride, and spoke when she meant it. "Why's that, (F/n)-chan?"