Chapter Twenty-Three: Fabulous

As the weeks slowly turned into months, (F/n) graduated from wheelchair to crutches, then she finally got a brace for her leg, then walked in crutches with a brace on. Kuroo saw no point in the brace, as did the team, but she told them off for questioning its purpose.

Her small depression seemed to be getting better. Nobody knew what caused it, but most of them guessed that it was the stress of getting around, and that she wasn't as involved with the team anymore.

The crutches seemed to be more difficult, though. She was always complaining about how it hurt her arms, and accidentally pinching her foot, and sitting was also a horrible experience.

Within this time, Kuroo had gotten that promise ring. But he didn't give it to her. He wanted his confession to be at the right moment, (and when he was sure she wouldn't refuse).

Today was supposed to be the day she was graduating from crutches, and it took everyone by surprise when she walked into the gym with the help of not one, but two thirteen year olds.

One was (O/B/n), and Kuroo was happy to see that he now had just a sling to support his arm, the cast having disappeared. The other was a boy, maybe a little taller than (O/B/n), but he had the same shining look in his eye as Inouka and Hinata did. He was also carrying her crutches, while (O/B/n) supported his older sister.

"Wow! (F/n)-chan! You really do have a big gym!" The new boy exclaimed. "I wanna go here!"

She laughed, "Really? I bet you you'd make an excellent ace, Shino-chan."

"(O/B/n)! What brings you to our extravagant palace?" Kuroo called, earning a scowl from the boy.

"Wow, Tetsurou," The use of his name got several suspicious glances in the captains direction. "You address the fact that my brother is here, but you don't address that I'm actually walking right now?" (F/n) huffed in mock offence.

"It's just that I hold a more intimidating presence than you, (F/n)." (O/B/n) pointed out, earning himself a sideways kick. The other boy, Shino, laughed. This earned a kick for him, too.

Kai huffed a laugh. "Now, now, (L/n)-san, they're just picking fun. You are our one and only intimidating manager."

"I'd better be." She grumbled as her younger brother began to lead her to the benches.

But, of course, Kuroo had different ideas. He strode over, removed the younger boy from his sister, then simply picked her up bridal style and walked over to the team. She complained loudly for a moment, before doing a dramatic pose.

"'Sup, guys?" She said with the back of her hand to her forehead.

"As fabulous as ever, (F/n)-chan." Yaku mused, folding his arms. She spread her hands and shrugged.

"It's what I do best."

"We can tell." Kenma commented, a small smile on his face. He seemed exceptionally better then when (F/n) was in her wheelchair. "How's your knee?"

She shrugged. "It's weird to walk on still. My therapist said it would feel weird and that I should have my crutches nearby in case I suddenly decide to fall. I'm still using them to get down stairs and stuff."

"I can always help you down the stairs." Kuroo smiled overly sweetly at her, earning him a knock on the head. "Or maybe not..."

The team laughed, and Kuroo helped her down. (O/B/n) walked over and wrinkled his nose at Kuroo, before helping her to the benches once more. Shino padded along beside the two, gazing around the gym as if it were made of pure diamond.

"(F/n)-chan, didn't you say before that this kid would make an excellent ace?" Yamamoto called, tossing up a volleyball from hand to hand. "What's that all about?"

She glanced at Shino, whose ears tinted pink in embarrassment. "Shino-chan here is in his junior high's volleyball club, and is their official ace." She stuck up a pointer finger as she boasted about the boy. "You should see him play, Taketora. He's brilliant."

He grinned, and the team sighed. "Taketora's eager to get a kouhai, as always." Yaku mumbled, earning a small laugh from Kai.

"Well! Don't just sit there, kid! C'mon and join in!" Kuroo called, waving to him.

Shino looked over at (O/B/n), who simply pushed him off of the bench and onto the floor. "It's not everyday you become the kouhai of an ace, Ken." (O/B/n) shrugged. "I'd join you, but I'm still useless."

"You're not useless, (O/B/n)." Shino muttered from the floor, holding up his pointer finger. (F/n) snickered, earning her a stomp on the foot.

"Go before I kick you." The boy hissed, and Shino quickly scrambled to his feet and hurried over to the team, rubbing the back of his neck.

Yamamoto slung an arm around the boy, striking up a friendly conversation. The team joined in, before letting Yamamoto teach the younger boy about ace things.

It wasn't long before Shino did a powerful spike to a ball. He turned to beam radiantly, his eyes sparkling. "(O/B/n)! Did you see that!?"

"Of course I did, Ken. If I didn't I'd be blind." (F/n)'s younger brother sat back slightly, and the girl laughed.

"Your boyfriend's cute, otouto." She pointed out as Shino bounded back to practice, reminding her a lot of Hinata or Inouka.

He scoffed. "Better than yours."

"I don't even have a boyfriend!" She huffed.

"I think you will." (O/B/n) said meaningfully. "I know you will."

Kuroo sneezed.