Chapter Thirty-Nine: Salt

To those who didn't read the last chapter, thanks for 20k! And I also am unable to answer messages on my message board, and I'm really sorry! Thanks for everything! Love y'all!

"Make yourself at home." (F/n) stated, striding inside of her room and dropping her bag beside her bed, which was pushed to the side of her room.

It was actually surprisingly spacious. A desk under he window, book shelves, a dresser. Papers were scattered around a small corner, with patterns and legs sketched on them. Anatomy books were stacked in the same corner, one laying open.

Glow stars decorated her ceiling, and fairy lights were switched on, weaving around the frame of her bed.

Kuroo seemed to take in the scene, and (F/n) retreated to her messy corner with the anatomy books and drawings. She opened a sketchbook–that honestly could've passed for one of the books if you didn't glance at it–and began working at a body she must've left off on.

"Whoa, hey there, miss manager." Kuroo chided, padding across the room to join her. "You've gotta be really tired, right?"

"Screw off." She huffed. "I'm practicing."

"On drawing legs." Kuroo scoffed dubiously. "You can do that tomorrow. Sleep." He insisted, plopping down and sprawling across her lap like an overly large, mutated cat.

"You're impossible." She complained, but gave in.

The both didn't even bother changing clothes. They didn't even remember falling asleep.

*****

It was quiet the morning after their final tournament.

The 'final' part about it all hadn't really set in, though. Not until she heard the quiet sound of someone speaking through earphones when volume was too loud.

(F/n) twisted around, blinking herself awake. Early morning sunlight shone through the windows, assaulting her eyes. It took her a few solid seconds before she could focus. When she did, she saw Kuroo, sitting at the foot of the bed with a video playing and his earphones plugged in.

She sat up, peering over his shoulder to see what he was watching.

It was a recording of their game, most likely from the news or from a family friend of Kuroo's–or maybe even from his mom. (F/n) knew Kuroo's mom would be there.

She sighed, getting up and placing her chin on his shoulder. He jumped slightly in surprise, pausing the video reflexively. Kuroo turned his head to shoot her an annoyed look, and she smiled.

He pulled off his earphones with a slight frown. "What?"

"That's no way to greet someone in the mornings." She pointed out.

"You don't scare people in the mornings either!"

She clicked her tongue. "Is that salt I taste?"

Kuroo smirked, his annoyance dropping into a more cocky attitude. "Maybe in a couple minutes if you let me have a shower."

"You're disgusting." Was her pointed reply, and she cuffed his shoulder. "Go away. I don't think I can talk to you for awhile."

"Don't miss me~." He cooed, standing up with a change of clothes from his backpack and heading off to the washroom.

"Like hell I will." She called.

Sorry for the mini chapter! I'm crushed for time and a little blocked! Thank you all!