Chapter Six: Impressions

Kuroo's chemistry catch-up lesson for (F/n) slowly descended into a conversation about the schools they were going to have practice matches against.

"So Johzenji High? I head that they were complete monsters back in the day." Kuroo muttered thoughtfully.

(F/n) nodded, flipping through her textbook. He had to admit, he was jealous of if multitasking skills. "They were. Their motto is 'Simplicity and Fortitude'. I know their manager, and asked her about it. She just replied with 'it doesn't even describe them'." She bit down into her sandwich, looking up at him, clearly expecting questions.

"How do you know her?" Was his first question. She looked anything but impressed.

She swallowed her bite, and took another one just to piss him off, until she finally answered. "We were friends in elementary. We went to different middle schools, but still hung out. We've grown a bit distant though."

"Huh. You really get around, dontcha?" He hummed, placing his chin his the palm of his left hand. She flicked a piece of tomato at him.

"I'm going to assume they're loud and unpredictable at the worst, due to how seriously and quickly she texted back." She sucked a bit of leftover sauce from her thumb. "Excitable. Fast. I'm going out on a limb and suggesting that it's a whole team of Lev's and Inouka's."

"You really thought this out, huh?" He muttered, and his manager nodded. She closed her text book, and began peeling an orange for the two of them to share.

"They also have a younger manager, whom I'm excited to meet." She spoke up before shoving an orange slice in her mouth. He did the same. "But putting that aside, I believe you guys are in for a tough ride."

He then heard the tapping sound he was growing accustomed to. Her nails clicking on her prosthetic leg in thought.

"What's up?" He asked with a mouthful of orange, and she frowned slightly.

"I'm trying to figure out the best way to motivate you guys." She huffed. Her eyes glimmered in the most beautiful way when she was thinking.

"Oh, I can think of plenty of ways–"

"I'm not dressing up as a cheerleader, Kuroo."

"Dammit."

*****

Just as (F/n) went to enter the gymnasium, a hand slammed on the wall in front of her. She gave a start, stepping back, before taking in what exactly was happening.

He was smirking. Blonde hair, clearly dyed, and shaved at the sides. Very fashionable style of hair, might she add. He had dark brown eyes, looking almost like black due to the lighting. He had piercings in the lobes of his ears.

"Hi, I'm Terushima Yuuji–" He began, his expression saying that he thought he was the king of the world.

"And I'm not interested." (F/n) didn't skip a beat, cutting him off and ducking under his arm, walking right into the gymnasium with her hands in the pockets of her Nekoma jacket. She didn't even hold the door for him.

"Ah! Hey! Wait up!" He caught the door just as it was about to click shut. (F/n) kept walking, pulling her jacket off to tie around her waist. "C'mon, I didn't scare you, did I?"

"Yes, actually." She stopped, turning to face him with an annoyed look stitched across her face. She folded her arms. The players on Nekoma's side who'd noticed the exchange flinched. Nobody liked it when she stood like that.