Bad Never Looked So Good // Reggie Mantle

Reggie Mantle wasn't a golden boy. But he wasn't a bad guy. He was an average human being. He played by the rules. Y/n, on the other hand, was a different story. She was the poster child of teenage rebellion. She hated the popular crowd at Riverdale with all of her heart. Yet somehow Reggie had managed to steal her heart. What started out as secret little make out sessions turned into a full on secret relationship.

  *****
     I move through the hallways of the school. Loud music echoing through my headphones. I look around at the people around me. I roll my eyes as I approach my locker being blocked by a raven-haired princess. I pull out my headphones and I clear my throat. She turns around and smiles. "Oh Hi Y/n," She says.

  "Lodge," I say, "you're blocking my locker." 

  "Sorry," She says. She steps towards Betty and I step towards my locker and put my earbuds back in. After digging through my textbooks I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I rip off the headphones and I look over at Veronica and Betty.

 "Yes?" I ask as they look at me.

 "Why are you always alone?" Veronica asks.

 "What Veronica means is do you want to go to Pops with us?" Betty asks.

"Guys spare the charity case," I say, "but thanks."

"Are you sure?" Veronica asks.

"Yeah," I say, "plus I have plenty of friends. But they go to south side high."

"Alright," Betty says. They wave and walk off. I put in one of the headphones and throw all my stuff in my locker and slam it shut. 

 "Hey gorgeous," I hear a deep voice say. I turn around to see Reggie. A smile across his face.

"I don't know you," I say jokingly. He laughs as I walk off.  I hear him follow behind me as I leave the school. "What do you want Reggie?" I ask as I turn around to face him. 

"Well I want you to come to the game tonight," he says.

"I always do," I say to him I lean closer and whisper the rest, "I kinda have a thing for the captain."

"Great," He says stopping as Moose and another Football player approaches us.

"Mantle!" They scream hitting his arms. I roll my eyes.

"Leave me alone Reggie," I say as I turn away. He gives me a sympathetic look and I walk out of the building out to my car. I climb inside it and throw my stuff into the passenger seat. "Uggghhhhhhh," I groan as I start the car and back out of the spot. I hear my phone buzz. "I'm driving," I say, "these people want me dead." I press the button on my steering wheel to answer the call.  "What?" I ask.

  "Rude," Jughead says.

 "If this is you and your girlfriend trying to get me to hang out with you guys I already told her no," I say to him. He sighs. 

 "Betty Cooper doesn't understand the word no," He says.

"Yeah I know it's the fourth time she has asked me this week to hang out with her," I say to him.

"She just thinks you're lonely," He says.

"I have friends," I say, "we are friends, and I have my friends from the south side. That's like a whole 4 friends."

"To be fair we never see your other friends we just hear about them," He says.

"You've met Tessa and Liv," I say, "they were at my house for my birthday last year."

"Yeah," He says, "just come to Pops with us. It will be tolerable."

"Fine,"I say, "but just this once."