Sweethearts // Sweet Pea

Warnings- Strong language and its short and bad but I've been trying to get the energy to finish this once for months.

------------------------------------------------------------

   Another night another fight. Sweet Pea and I couldn't get one damn day without fighting about something. Money, jealously, whatever it was. For a relationship that lasted all through out high school, college, and a move to another city we were splintering. I sat in our bedroom crying once again. I couldn't do it again.

  "Babe!" Sweet Pea screams. He wanders through the house calling my name until he gets to the bedroom. "Hey wanna go get- are you crying?" I wipe my eyes and shake my head no.

 "No I'm fine," I lie. He takes my hand, caressing my cheek with the other hand.

"Don't lie," He says. I sigh and look in his deep brown eyes. 

"We can't keep doing this," I admit to him, "we can't keep fighting, its killing both of us."

"What?" He asks.

"Seriously babe," I sob, "you haven't been eating, all I've been doing is crying. We are destroying each other." I see a tear roll down his face. 

"No," He whimpers, "no no no please baby no.."

"We have to take a break from each other," I say softly, "Sweet Pea I'm breaking up with you."

"Please," He says starting to cry, "please don't leave me." I grip my bag in my hands.

"I have to," I tell him, "I do love you."

"Then don't leave," He sobs, "don't leave me alone."

"I'll only do more damage of I stay," I say as I turn to leave.

******

   Its been a month since the break up. And finally I had pulled myself together. Here I was, at Betty and Jughead's wedding, a bridesmaid, since I'm the grooms best friend. While the actually wedding ceremony had been stressful the reception so far was proving to be enjoyable. Until I saw those big brown eyes. I pull Jughead towards me and groan. "Sweet Pea is here?" I ask him.

 "Yeah, it is my wedding," Jug says. I roll my eyes.

"You couldn't of warned me?"

"Nope," He says. Betty came over and pulled him away due to socializing with guest and family. Leaving me alone and panicking. 

"Hey," A soft voice says. I turn to see Sweet Pea, in a nest clean tux, staring down at me. 

"Hey," I mumble back.

"You looked nice up there," He complements.

"Thanks," I say. I look over at the dance floor and sigh as a fast song comes on. "Wanna dance?"

"Of course," He says. I take his hand and lead him onto the floor. We awkwardly dance beside each other, loosening up as the night goes along. Laughing and actually enjoying ourselves. As a slow song starts he pulls me close to him to dance. As we begin to rock back and fourth he sighs. "I want to apologize," He says.

"For what?" I ask him.

"For fighting with you when we were together," He says, "I had a reason okay."

"Oh yeah? What?" I ask. 

"I was going to propose," He admits, "I was so nervous about doing it I took it out on you." 

"Wow," I say, "wow you were gonna propose?"

"Yeah," He says, "I was going to the night we broke up-"

"Oh my god," I say. 

"Its fine," He says, "you were right. We were destroying each other. We needed some space." I nod.

"Yeah," I tell him. He leans his forehead onto mine. "I missed you."

"I missed you so so much," He says.

"Always gotta one up me," I chuckle.

"Since day one," He says. I look around then back at him moving my hand to his cheek caressing it.

"I love you," I tell him.

"I love you too," He says. He sighs and takes a deep breath, "I want to be with you."

"Me too," I tell him. He smiles as I pull him closer to me as we dance. As the night passes on and we happily stay together... everything had felt right.

*******

  We had adjusted well to being back together. And had swallowed our pride and went to couples counselling to work out the small kinks in our relationship. It had been great. Everything was amazing. 

   "Pops?" Sweet Pea asks as he joins me in the living room.

 "You read my mind," I tell him. He smirks as he takes my hand and leads me out to the car. I could tell something was up with him but left it alone.  Until we got into the diner and he took my hand again. Everyone we knew and could tolerate was there... and I mean everyone. And they all had their eyes on us. On top of that the usual diner had been decorated in a more elegant Paris like way. Fairy lights and a fake Eiffle tower. Very romantic."Whats going on Pea?" I start to ask looking over at him to see him on one knee.

  "Well its no proposal in France like you wanted as a kid but...." He says looking around, "I really tried..." He takes a deep breath and looks up at me, "I love you so much. You're my sun and moon. The reason I keep going in this awful place. And ever since we were 5 and you kissed me on the play ground I knew there was something about you that I would never find in anyone else. And when we kissed at freshman homecoming I realized it was love. Since then I knew I never wanted to spend a day without you... So Y/n L/n.. Will you marry me?"

 "Yes yes yes," I whimper as he slowly stands. I slip the ring onto my finger than wrap my arms around him. He kisses me softly as the crowd around us cheers.

 "Thats the fastest she's ever agreed to anything," Jughead says as he wraps his arm around his wife's waist. 

  "Love makes you crazy," I say with a shrug.

 "God you two sweethearts make me sick," He huffs as waves of people swarm us to congratulate us on the engagement.