Riverdale's Sweetheart // Betty Cooper

This continues from chapter 30 in paranoia. 

As I pour drinks I see the girls and guys filling the bar cheering happily. I see Veroinca skip happily towards me.

"Come dance with Toni and me!" She says cheerfully, "come on Alec can handle the bar for a song or two."

"Veronica dear that's irresponsible," I say to her. She rolls her eyes.

"Hon you can't lie to me," She says, "I heard down the grape vine that you and Jughead broke up. So you need a little bit of fun alright? Now take a shot and get over here and dance with Toni and I."

"Yes Ma'am," I say smiling. I pour us each a shot. We take them and I leave the bar. Once I reach her she yanks me on stage with Toni and a couple other girls.

"Call your girlfriend~" Veronica sings, "It's time you had the talk Give your reasons Say it's not her fault But you just met somebody new~ Tell her not to get upset, second-guessing everything you said and done~"

"And then when she gets upset tell her how you never mean to hurt no one~" I sign with her.

"Then you tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again," Toni sings, "And it won't make sense right now but you're still her friend And then you let her down easy."

"Call your girlfriend It's time you had the talk~" We sing together dancing on top of the other, "Give your reasons Say it's not her fault But you just met somebody new." Toni stops singing. I look over to see Cheryl staring her down. I sigh.

"Don't you tell her how I give you something that you never even knew you missed~" Veroinca sings, "Don't you even try and explain how it's so different when we kiss~"

"And you just tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again~" I sing, "And it won't make sense right now but you're still her friend And then you let her down easy~"

"Call your girlfriend It's time you had the talk~" Toni sings again, "Give your reasons Say it's not her fault~ but you just met somebody new And now it's gonna be me and you~" We dance with the song happily. It seems Cheryl left.

"And you tell her that the only way her heart will mend is when she learns to love again~" We sing.

"And it won't make sense right now but you're still her friend And then you let her down easy," Veronica sings.

"Call your girlfriend It's time you had the talk Give your reasons Say it's not her fault~" We sing, "Call your girlfriend It's time you had the talk Give your reasons Say it's not her fault But you just met somebody new~" As the song ends I laugh happily. Pulling the two girls into a hug.

"I really needed this," I say smiling at them. I step down from the stage to see Betty watching me with a bright smile.

"I haven't seen you having this much fun in a while," She says honestly, "its amazing actually."

"I know," I say to her as I step towards the door climbing over to get back behind it. She sits in the stool in front of me. "Want a drink? I'll cover it?"

"In that case," She says smiling. I nod pouring it for her as Veronica and Toni start singing again. "Is it always like this around here?"

"Only on special nights," I tell her, "typically Veronica doesn't drink on the job but lately she's been pretty stressed."

"Yeah I heard," Betty says to me as I hand her the drink. She takes it quickly and makes a sour face after it. "What was that?"

"Straight vodka," I smirk at her, "my personal favourite. Want something sweeter?"