Smile// Jughead Jones

Requested by @AckermanMilkCompany 

Trigger warning! Suicide and bullying is depicted. If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal please call the suicide hotline ( 1-800-273-8255) or talk to a trusted friend or adult. 

      Smile. Look at them and act like you are fine. Smile. They don't care how you feel anyways. No one does. I walk through the halls of Riverdale high. Kids mock me and shove me around. I keep my eyes in the ground. One more day. One more day. 

As I stop at my locker and see Jughead Jones. A sight for sore eyes.  "Hey," He says. His blue orbs meet mine and a soft smile forms on his. 

 "Hi," I say weakly. Jughead and I used to be best friends. But then life happened. And he got pulled into a life of action by Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper, with the new girl Veronica Lodge. Leaving me alone with the wolves. 

 "Juggie," Betty says as she approaches his locker. He looks at me pleading me to stay but I shut my locker and turn around as Betty kisses him. One more day. One more day. 

As I walk into the class room I hear Reggie's loud booming voice even through my head phones. I rip them out as the teacher looks over.  "Look at this freak," He scoffs as I shuffle to the back corner of the class room. "Poor little skank." The kids chuckle a bit as I pick up my journal. Reggie walks back and rips it from my hands and laughs at the words.

"Give it back," I mumble. I attempt to rip it from his hands and he laughs holding it above my head.

"Not a chance," He says, "I feel like I should share this gold mine with the world."

"Please do so," Cheryl says joining him.

"'I still repeat the things he said to me,'" He reads out, "'maybe in an effort to make me understand what happened. Why he left me so quickly. She showed her pale pink world to him and he got bored of my dark grey. I'm nothing like her. She is pretty and perfect.'"

"And you're a fat ugly pig," Cheryl taunts as the crowd laughs. I rip the notebook out of Reggie's hands and shove it in my backpack and pull away from the crowd. Wiping  my eyes once they can't see me.

"Sit down!" The teacher groans not caring about what happened. No one cares. One more day. One more day. 

The bell rings and I collect my things ready to leave and I run into Jughead again. His raven curls clinging to his face. "Are you okay?" He asks. Smile. 

"Yeah just tired," I lie. And severally depressed and suicidal.

"Alright," He says, "just a little worried. I haven't seen you in the library the past couple weeks."

"Just a little busy," I say. Busy avoiding you and Betty dangling your relationship in front of me. 

"We haven't talked in so long," He says. Because you broke me.

"Sorry," I mumble, "but like I said I'm busy." He nods as Betty calls for him.

"I better get going," He says. I nod. This is the last day. A couple more hours. That's all thats left.

"I get it....Bye Jughead," I say. He walks away and joins Betty. I tried to act like it wasn't a big deal, but really it broke my heart. It always did. The familiar pain of my heavy heart stings me and I watch him. I check my watch. Only a little bit longer. Just smile.  

I fold up the note neatly and place it on top of my books in my locker. 'Dear Classmates' It has labeled on it. Soon. I shut the locker and back away from it. Then slipping the other note into Jughead's locker. Not much longer. Not much longer.