"Motivational Speaking"

Minx•(Anna)•

When I got out of the carriage with my Mother and Father, I was amazed by what I saw. The royal palace was HUGE, bigger than my mansion even. It basically looked like the White House, but bigger(I feel sorry for the people who had to build it) with extravagant decorations.

My parents seemed relieved to get out of the carriage. 'Kuhuhuhuhuhuh...just you wait, Mother, Father...~'

My parents and me walked through the entrance to the palace, me jumping up and down like I had coffee for dinner. My parents smiled at me, but wore a troubled expression on their faces. 'Must be worried about the engagement' I thought. 'They should be.'

As we entered the palace, the butler announced our arrival.

"Duke and Duchess Qwerty have arrived."

Everyone stopped their conversations to look at us. It was rare for our family to go to celebrations like this, only on the really special ones did we go.

My family was also very pretty(like most reincarnation stories). My father had long, blonde hair kept in a pony-tail and had sky-blue eyes. An ikemen. My mother and me had white hair and light-grayish eyes. I was basically a mini version of Mother.

The ball was silent. Everyone stared at us like we were exotic creatures that had to be shipped to Madagascar. The only sound that could be heard was of a glass breaking.

"Jinx! Freud!" someone shouted running to us, breaking the silence.

After a few awkward seconds of footsteps and people moving to get out of the way, the person stood in front of us. They were basically an ikemen, with their blonde hair and green eyes. I'm only 4, but am I allowed to marry him? He looks like he's in his early 20's, mentally I'm 19. Not that much of a gap.

But then... Going by anime logic, he should be 40+ years old...I visibly shuddered.

The ikemen started to speak. He looked slightly flustered, as if realizing he probably looked like an idiot, running inside the Royal Palace with an audience.

"Ahem-We're very happy you could join us, Duke and Duchess Qwerty. We're honored."

"Oh, no. We are the ones who are truly honored to be graced with your presence, Your Majesty."

Oh. He's the king. My parents must be very popular if the king had to say that he was honored.

He turned his face to me and asked, "And this must be Minx?" They nodded. He smiled at me, genuinely.

He turned back around to the crowd and bellowed, "You may resume your activities!"

Nobles quickly turned around and started chattering again, some sneaking glances back to us. The room was filled with light-hearted conversation, greedy nobles trying to suck up to higher ranked nobles, etc. Fake smiles galore.

He turned back to us and whispered, "You made it just in time, we almost had to cancel the engagement because Carol was getting impatient."

"Same old Carol." Whispered back my mother.

They started chatting about how well life's been, the engagement(which I planned to ruin) etc, etc.

The bell chimed at the stroke of 12. 'The heroine must have met the prince, then.'

The 3 extremely beautiful people looked at each other.

"I'll get Carol and find Quincy. Get your daughter ready and pampered up."

They nodded. Before I could even realize it, I was being dragged away by my parents as they swiftly walked to the balcony. The king heading in the opposite direction.

On the balcony, no one was there. Everyone was either dancing, eating, talking, or drinking inside.

My parents put on their 'this-is-very-serious-don't-laugh-at-how-our-faces-look' faces. I restrained myself.

Again, I put on my best pout and puppy eyes. "I w-wanna-sniffle-m-warry Otou-san!" They winced more visibly this time and blushed even harder. Just a few more.... motivational chats, and I'll have them trapped!

"Sweetie, you have to understa-" Someone interrupted them again. It was a woman in her early-40's or so.

"Prince. Engaged. Now." She quickly said. I assume she's Carol, judging by her big crown on her head. She saw me, gave me a quick, fake grin, and dragged my parents to the ballroom, them dragging me to the ballroom.

What a nice lady.

\•+•/\+*+/\^•^/

Sorry if this chapter seems short, it's not really motivating to type on a itty bitty keyboard on a small IPhone 4.

Words: 714

Feel free to point out any mistakes.

•3•