Fire

The school was on fire.

Wait.

'When did this happen? I don't remember reading about the school being burnt down the last chapter!' You might be thinking, and you're right in the fact that the school didn't burn down in the last chapter' but this is the 17th chapter, however, not the 16th so anything could've happened in the span of the months that the author didn't update.

That's right, somehow the school was on fire due to yet to be explained reasons. However, if you looked back at the previous chapter or have some kind of photographic memory, then you can probably guess why the school was on fire. Or not. It doesn't matter either way since I'll just explain what happened in Minx's very biased point of view.

Are you ready? No? Great!

On a serious note, I'm very sorry for not updating for such a long time. School has taken up most of my time recently and I'd like to apologize for that. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

---
•Minx•

I stood at the front of the classroom as I glanced around the room. Clearly, life just hated my guts and decided to put me in a classroom full of capture targets. What a nice way to start the day.

The teacher, who looked like the standard background character, had each of us stand at the front of the class when we arrived and introduce ourselves. Hurray. You can clearly see how excited I am to introduce myself to the people who saw my dog smoking in the school lobby earlier this morning.

It seemed, however, as if no one paid attention to me. All their eyes were on Daisy beside me. She outshined me as if she were the sun and I was her shadow. While I felt offended at how they could ignore moi, I felt relieved that I hadn't drawn any attention to myself. For once in this life, the odds weren't against me. I could go about my daily life in this class without being noticed as long as Daisy was here. I felt hopeful as Daisy introduced herself to the class. 

That was, until, the teacher made us sit in completely different seats across the room from each other. I sat beside Valentino, or Eggplant for short, as I sat at the very front of the class. 'There goes my plan to sleep through this class unnoticed.'

The heroine-you guessed it-sat near the window beside Dumbdoor. He looked at her coldly, as if he had no interest in her. I thought this was strange, as he should have recognized her from when they accidentally met years ago. Nobody could forget someone like the heroine, after all. That's what I thought, except he seemed to have no interest in her. Actually, he seemed to be more focused on me. 

Daisy fidgeted as she sat near the intimidating Dumbdoor. I turned around in my seat to look at her and waved, my way of offering her a sense of safety  She offered a small smile and waved back. 

The other 2, Oliver and Henri, sat next to each other. They seemed to be a good pair together, despite Oliver, or Shorty, having an extremely short temper and big ego while Henri being the near exact opposite of him. I guess opposites attract? I turned back toward the front, the teacher facing the board while writing something down.

Controlling and Limiting Magic

He turned towards us. "Now, I know all of you are very special and think you are, but don't get cocky." He sounded like one of those tutorial quest-givers. "To use and access such special power, you must first learn how to control it. As we are located in a heavily populated school, it is of vital importance you learn this now. The practice yards are in use so we'll just do a tiny measuring test today." He called Eggplant to the front of the class.

"To start, I will call all of you up one by one and ask you to conjure or materialize a bit of your magic. This is a test to see where you all are in guiding your mana then executing it, which I assume you all have learned from tutors and such. Now, Mr. Staccato you may now begin." Eggplant looked around nervously then exhaled, calming himself down. He concentrated on the palm of his hand as we all looked in interest. All of us except Dumbdoor, it seemed. He chanted something under his breath before an orb of water appeared in his hand, swishing around in a perfect sphere.

The teacher, Mr. Digby, looked pleased. "Well done, Mr. Staccato. You may now sit down." He sat down in a hurry next to me. He seemed embarrassed. 

'Oh, right. He was the shy and flustered type in the game.' In this scenario, I probably should comfort him and say he did alright, but then again, that was none of my business.

"Ok, how about we have Ms. Qwerty come up next?"

I got up from my seat and walked to the front of the classroom. All eyes were on me and waited for me to do my thingy-a-ma-jig. "You may start, Ms. Qwerty."

The heroine silently cheered me on from her seat as I mentally prepared myself. 'It's ok. This is ok. I've done this plenty of times before with Areli. All I have to do is concentrate and...'

The first thing I did wrong was not focusing my mana on one spot, but rather imagining it like I was giving off light. The second thing I did wrong was that I imagined a black fire, something Areli specifically told me not to imagine. It was better to think of Dark mana as a sort of black shadow rather than a destructive force. Thinking in molecules could work too, a large number of black molecules or something. The third thing I did wrong was that I suddenly broke concentration and...

BOOM

The entire classroom was on fire as everyone panicked. Eggplant tried to douse the fire with water but the fire seemed to be unkillable. The fire quickly spread everywhere and suddenly, we were all outside. Mr. Digby had teleported us outside of harm's way. "Oh dear.." Mr. Digby was out of breath, the strain of transporting 7 people at a time getting to him.

We watched as the fire spread inside the classroom then into nearby classrooms. The fire alarm rang and soon, all the students were outside. I quickly hid behind Daisy, trying to avoid any attention. The teachers tried dissipating the fire with water and magic but nothing worked. The only person I knew who could possibly get rid of the fire was Areli when I once nearly burned down our entire house, she used a specific spell to get rid of the fire. She taught me the spell later, but I later completely forgot about it.

Students were all over, pointing and screaming in fear. The teachers all tried their best to calm them down. No one from my class noticed me hiding behind Daisy in her shadow, besides Daisy.

As the fire raged on, I wondered how my parents would react to their daughter burning down the entire school on the first day? 

----------------------------------------------------

DSJKLASDJLAKSDNKANCZXNC.,asd

I finally did a thing after 2 months. Now it's time to drown myself in schoolwork and homework. Woooooooooh!

  ( ͡ಠ ͜ʖ ͡ಠ)