Call 999

Previously:

As we got closer to the building where the magic tests were done, I looked in awe. The Royal Palace was bigger, but this building looked to be equipped with more advanced technology. They were even more advanced than my old world! Holograms that showed the most recent data from the magic tests were flying all about.

When we arrived in front of the building, there was already a long line full of five-year-olds. I'm talking long long. Disney's Space Mountain's line long. The building was a coliseum of sorts, if you add in magical, flying holograms then you've got yourself an image of the building.

We stepped out of the carriage.

--------------------------------------------------

Currently, I was now fourth to the first person in line, even though I only got here 2 minutes ago. How? Well, let's just say that....my parents had some 'private information' of the other nobles in line and, uh, 'spoke to them about their choices'. If you think of it like that, what they did won't sound bad. Not that I'm implying that they did do something bad, no, not at all. It's just one of the perks of being a Duke and not from secretly blackmailing anyone.

Sadly, the three children in front of me were the other dukes' and duchesses' children. Meaning, blackmail = guillotine. Yes, that exists even though the French don't exist here. Wait. Did I say 'blackmail'? I meant negotiating. Of course, it doesn't mean that they don't have their own 'private information'..kekekeke..

(Ahem)

Since this line won't be moving anytime soon, I'll introduce the rest of the main capture targets. Thinking makes me tired, so I'll make this brief.

The first one in line is Henri Hamilton, a capture target with 2 magic types, Earth and Fire. Another bishounen, too bad he's only a toddler.

The second one is Oliver Allen, bishounen. Alchemy.

Third, Valentino Staccato. Bishounen. Water, lots of mana though.

That was tiring to think about, mind you. I nearly forgot their names for a second and standing in this long line isn't making it any better. The otome game wasn't so bad despite it's terrible English translation.

"Next!" One of the guards spoke up.

The magic tests were done privately in a white room with no windows or sign of life. You would think it would be done publicly since the magic tests were held in a coliseum. If you thought that, you thought wrong. Also, the line trailed outside the Coliseum. Meaning, about half of the line has to stand outside in the unforgiving heat of the sun. "For the sake of privacy," they had said.

About 4 minutes later, Henri walked out looking like he was the destined hero to slay the demon king. His parents were beside him, praising him on his 2 magic types very loudly that I'm pretty sure you could hear them over several miles away.

So much for "privacy".

"Next!" And it continued like that for the next 10 minutes, each time the capture targets being proud of their abilities and their parents congratulating them very loudly.

It was now my turn to take the magic test. My parents wished me luck and walked towards the seats situated around the open space in the Coliseum. Really, why couldn't they have just made us sit there? There was enough to fit everyone.

I followed the old men into a long, white hallway devoid of life. I wonder if they held prisoners here......are those jail cells? I walked past rusty iron doors with bars blocking the square window at the top. Inside, there were white beds and what looked like engravings of lines on the wall. Huh.