Holy Water

Short recap: Something about a fire, "Go put it out", Minx goes to her room and finds out it's not hers, something about a short person with insults, eghhhh-

As soon as the elevator doors closed, we were on the 5th floor in less than a second. I had barely noticed that the elevator had moved, but I guess this avoids the awkward elevator silence. 

"Alright, I'll just go get the spell from my room now..." They nodded. I got off and when the doors closed, I heard the loud ding of the elevator from the ground floor. 'Phew! They're gone for now, but what do I do about the spell?'

I walked slowly toward my room, trying to somehow think of a plan on my way there. 'Maybe I can jump out of a window? Or maybe I can say Doggo ate my spell? Hngg-'  I briefly considered calling Areli for help but the prideful side of me immediately shoved the thought aside. 'Nah, I'm pretty sure I've got this. I've had enough of her lectures.' 

As I neared my door, I could hear high-pitched and annoying barks and yelps from inside my room. "Oh boy." I rushed to the door and was about to unlock it when it opened.

"Welcome, Miss." Mary had opened the door covered in white dog furs all over her uniform. Doggo yelped and howled from somewhere inside my room, whether it was from happiness or pain I couldn't tell.

"Oh dear, that dog just won't be quiet." She shook her head. "Anyway, please come in Miss. I decided to make tea when I heard your voice downstairs chatting with a group of students. From what I could hear, they sounded like a nice bunch of students."

"...Is that so?"

"Yes, if only they had decided to stay for tea, kids these days...so busy with their spells and whatnot." She shook her head. It's at this time that I should mention that Mary can't use magic, in case you're wondering.

"Oh...Well, I'll be sure to invite them next time. But right now, I need some help." I walked past Mary into my room to discover that a once nice and fluffy couch had been shredded to pieces with small dog scratches. Doggo yelped once again from where he was tied up in the corner of the room with a pink leash, labeled "Timeout Corner."

Mary closed the door. "Anything you need, Miss."

I ignored my urge to ask about what exactly had happened in my room while I was gone. "Ok..first of all, did you happen to see any books around here about black fires? Or anything really?" 

"Black fires? I can't say for sure, but there might have been an old paper or two at the mansion about a black fire...four, or, no, ten thousand years ago? Oh, but it's been so long ago I can hardly remember."

"Really?!" Oh thank the dead people in the sky for blessing me upon this day. "Did we bring it?"

"No, the document was ancient and so it's being stored in the mansion archives." Nevermind, give me back my gratitude you bagels. 

"Well, then, what do I do about the fire? 

"What fire?" She seemed clueless to the black billowing smoke in the distance.

"The one where I blew up my classroom and then-ugh, nevermind. I just need to think."  

'Think, think, think...c'mon, brain, work harder! How come whenever I actually want you to think, you don't? I can't get a 'Game Over' just yet!' I myself don't know why I was so panicky at the time, but something told me that if my parents were notified I'd probably be sent home and something else tells me that that wouldn't be as good as it sounds.

"Miss, if you need help, it is always alright to ask." I looked up and Mary was walking toward me with a tray in her hands. She pointed to the chair for me to sit down. "It is my duty as your servant to serve you and my duty as your caretaker to guide you." She placed a cup down in front of me with what seemed to be green tea although the smell was pretty funky.