Welcome to Class!

Previously:

  "Crap! Did they start roll call yet? I can still make it!" And as she said that, she started to run. Completely forgetting about the Dumb Door, Eggplant, Shorty, Brownie, Doggo, Mary, and everything else.   

I arrived at what I thought was my first-period class, panting and gasping for air while also trying to regain what was left of my dignity.

Looking through the glass pane placed just above my eyes, I had to jump to see through the glass. Scanning the room, I saw that no capture-targets were in this class. A miracle had happened on an otherwise bad day. Either that or I was in the wrong class. 

I took a deep breath. A feeling of dread washed over, should I really go in? I'm already this late I could just leave...That probably wouldn't bode well for my parents, however. 'This morning can't possibly get any worse, right? Nothing bad will happen once I walk into this..one..simple...classroom..' I found my determination to enter the classroom diminishing more as I waited in front of the door, my hand hovering over the doorknob. 'Just walk into there, say that you got lost and sit down. Simple as that! Just..go in there..'

I opened the door. Or rather, I grabbed the doorknob and pushed the door but it didn't budge, it just rattled slightly. "Huh? Why's the door not opening?" I tried pushing it again, this time harder but to no avail.

"That's because you're supposed to pull on the doorknob." I tried the suggestion, not questioning the voice in my head. The door opened, in a very creaky manner as if someone had purposely made it that way so that everyone who entered the room would be greeted with death stares from the other students.

"It worked! Thanks, imaginary voice." I smiled and pushed the door open more. The door made a loud creaking sound, making everyone's eyes immediately dart to me. 'Heeere we go..'

"You're welcome, Ms.Qwerty, but I'm afraid I'm not imaginary." The voice was directly behind me, I had now noticed. I noticed all the other students weren't staring at me, but at the voice behind me. I turned around.

Behind me, was an older woman who looked extremely intimidating in her heels that made her look taller, even though she was probably 5 feet tall. She was also more ripped than the majority of the teachers I've seen so far. I tried my very best to make a good first impression on what I guessed to be my teacher.

"Um, good morning. You have nice abs-" She raised an eyebrow. "Erm, s-sorry. What I meant to say was that it's a nice day outside today. The flowers..have been trampled on and the bees are..dying." Some of the students chuckled and I thought I saw the teacher's eyebrow go above her forehead. I felt like dying already. "Ah, ha, ha...Nice to meet you..? I'm sorry I'm late." I swear I saw her smirk, but I don't know if that's a good or bad thing

"Well, why were you late?" She seemed to be scrutinizing me when she asked me this.

"You see," I started off but soon realized I couldn't just say that I threw a weed-smoking dog at a group of students, slammed a door into another student's face, and got lost all in one morning. That would make me look like a villainess and we don't want that, do we? 'Come on, think! Lying is easy, just say that you were lost!'

"Well?" She stared at me. Everyone seemed to want to hear why I was late rather than pay attention to class. They all stared at me. I started taking notes of where the nearest doors and windows were.

"W-well..why were YOU late to class?" It was a weak argument, but I had to try.

She narrowed her eyes at me. "I...was looking for you!" I couldn't tell if she was lying or just frustrated with me.

"Oh. Well, uh... I was late because I was murdered last night. By a gun-holding, money-demanding purple dinosaur, to be exact." That sounded like a decent lie.

"Do you really expect me to believe that?"

"Yes."

"...My bullsh!t meter is going off the charts!" Everyone in the class now seemed amused by our conversation.

"Ok. Fine. The real reason is-"

"No excuses!" She yelled at me, spit flying onto my face. "...Just sit down, please." She seemed tired from our "confrontation" and sat down at the front of the class, rubbing her forehead. "Stay strong...just 198 days left until I'm out of here..." She mumbled this to herself, but mostly everyone heard it.

I think I just verbally fought with a teacher. Is that a good thing? Maybe. Possibly. No.

I looked for a seat at the back. It was full, of course. So were the next 2 rows. The front was nearly empty besides for a few bold students who had no fear of the female version of John Cena. I decided to slide into the very front seat, directly in front of the teacher's desk. This was my second life and I wasn't going to sit in the middle nor the back.  I wasn't going to just sit there and do my work while dreaming of a better world. This time, I was going to have a fun time at school, by annoying teachers and having friends rather than being socially awkward.

..I would need friends for that plan to work, however. That was for another time, however.

The teacher looked up from the front desk. Sitting in front of her was a small, idiotic child that was going to make her life miserable.

"Let's..start the class. Textbooks out to page 9." She turned around and furiously started writing on the board, breaking both the board and chalk.

I didn't tell her I didn't have a textbook. She's had enough of me today. I smiled.

'This school year might be a bit more fun than I thought, excluding the whole avoiding my death bit.'

----------------------------

iM SOOOOOO SORRY. (Please forgive meeeeeeeeeeeeee)

I think it's safe to say that I'm just really lazy. I've had no inspiration for weeks and I liked staring at my homework for ages.

 I've had no inspiration for weeks and I liked staring at my homework for ages

(Don't own picture above)

Merry Christmas!

.3.