Chapter 2

This is my story, so please don't copy this. The only thing I own is Ryoga Kise as a character. 

Ryoga was happy. After his little reunion with Kuroko, he felt as if things were finally going to get better.

At least, that's what every protagonist thought when something good was going to happen.

Ryoga wasn't an idiot, or an airhead like his older brother. Of course, he wouldn't dare underestimate his brother, knowing what his brother was capable of succeding. He knew that his older brother could be serious and competitive when he wanted to be. 

But there were times when Ryoga thought that his older brother was dense. He remembered that time when they were younger, outside playing at the park, there mother was quickly talking to her friend. Every once in a while, their mother would give them a small smile, full of pent up stress, but Ryoga knew better than that. 

He overheard a few words in their conversation and he knew that their mother was wondering if their father was being unfaithful to her. He had no idea what to think of that and decided that, that was adult buisness that he didn't need or wasn't going to get into. 

But he did anyway. 

His mother and father were outside in the kitchen yelling at each other. Their closed door, not blocking any of the yells they heard outside. Kise clutched to his younger brother and wondered how calm he could be through all of this, but didn't bother thinking about it any further. 

Some things were better left unsaid. 

Ryoga, mature for his young age, was calm, and decided that it was his responsibility to act as someone his older brother would look up to when he was scared.

But that was a long time ago.

Things have changed.

Ryoga looked up at the cherry blossom tree as it blew in the wind and gave a pained smile as he thought how his brother was different back then.

And how things were different for him too.

His hair moving along in the same direction as the wind, his eyes half closed as he gave a sad smile and thought that his brother was someone he looked up to now, someone he thought that would always stand by his side.

But he wasn't the person he needed the most.