Chapter 3

The only thing I own is Ryoga Kise as a character. 

It was a normal day in Kaijo High and nothing out of the ordinary happened as Ryoga quickly made his way to the library entrance, returning his book to the librarian and got his materials ready so he could study. 

He had a test in math soon and he wanted to be well-prepared for it. Ryoga was placed top of his class, but that was what people recognized him as. They knew who his brother was, but didn't bother much thought with it, deeming it of an unimportance. 

He pushed his glasses up and scanned the various passages in his textbook, searching for a particular unit the teacher mentioned they would be studying later on. 

For a moment, he glanced outside the library window and could hear the various voices of other students eating with their friends, and the loud cheers in the school gym. 

They must be having a practice game.' Ryoga wondered. He paid no more mind, not wanting to think any further of what was going on with his brother and focused more on his math test. 

But he couldn't concentrate. He noticed the sounds of the basketball hitting the smooth ground outside and was instantly warped in this sense of leaving everything behind and go outside and play.

But he didn't. 

There were far more important things than basketball, and what he has to do right now is focus and study.

He needed a way of keeping his mind off of things and this isn't what he wanted. 

It was like nothing was going the way he wanted to. 

But he felt this sense of deja vu overcome him and he desperately wanted to jolt out of the library and quickly walk out. 

He was wrapped up in the sense of idea that maybe if he stayed away from one of the things he loved so much, he wouldn't give much care for it anymore. 

Things don't work that way, because no matter how much he pushes himeself away, there will always be a way where he meets what he really wants again. 

But it looked like it wasn't going to happen now. 

His light tinge of orange hair swayed in the wind as he breathed in and out trying to calm himself. His strikingly gold eyes shined in the quiet room, no one having witness the lighting fury of them. 

Ryoga's mouth was titled into a half-smile, half-smirk and he wondered and thought a lot of things. 

But he was overcome by the idea that the one thing he needs the most right now is basketball. 

Then his thoughts roamed his brother and wondered how did his brother really change. 

He needed them. 

The two things he needed most. 

But he stood there, watching dreamily outside the window, hoping that they would all come to him.