Chapter 9

This is my story so please don't copy this. The only thing I own is Ryoga Kise as a character.

This is before what happens in the last chapter and is in the eyes of Akashi.

Akashi was walking inside the school entrance towards Kaijo High School. He quietly scanned the school and noticed several students looking at him amazed. He ignored them and continued walking past them to go look for Ryota. He had some . . . business to talk to him about.

He dug for his phone in his pocket while he continued walking and stared at it. After a few seconds, Kise texted him telling him where he was as he expected.

He read the contents of the message and calmly walked inside the school building. It seems as if Kise was still in class.

Akashi continued his walk as if he knew where to go. He didn't need anyone to help him, that would be showing weakness. He can easily find where Ryota's classroom is himself.

Sooner or later he made his way to Kise's classroom as he opened the door, only to find Kise was not there, but someone who looked similar to him.

He instantly knew who it was, and could not stay angry at Ryota, because he was mesmerized by the sight of Ryoga.

There sleeping on his school desk was Ryoga Kise himself. His head facing the window with his eyes closed and glasses on the top of his head.

Akashi slowly walked towards the back of the classroom where Ryoga had his head down, slightly facing the window.

He noticed the wind from the open window coming in and blowing a few strands of hair onto Ryoga's sleeping face and felt the need to come a little closer to have a clearer look at him.

Akashi, for the first time in his life, felt nostalgic, calm. As if everything was lifted from his shoulders, but he's Akashi Seijuro and that clearly meant that everything he had to do has to be up to perfection.

He stared at the sleeping face of Ryoga Kise, and instantly felt a warm feeling in his chest that he didn't quite understand. He didn't want to say it felt different, because it wasn't. It was an odd and foreign feeling to him that for even he could not comprehend. His face revealed no emotions but he felt an inner turmoil raging in him to either crush this feeling, but a part of him didn't want to do anything. He just wanted to sit there and watch the sight in front of him without any interruptions.

For once in Akashi Seijuro's life, he had never wanted something as much as he has wanted now. He loved winning, it made him feel proud, victorious, and gave him the sense of power. But right now, he didn't want that.

Because right now, at this moment, he would hate to admit this but he felt vulnerable. Vulnerable in the sense that he had a trouble processing and understanding his thoughts, his feelings, that he tried so hard to keep controlled and at bay with himself. And this was one of those rare moments where he knew he was slipping. Slipping towards a direction he had no idea where it would lead him and possibly, for once he didn't mind.

Akashi Seijuro was the type of person who always had to look in the logical side of things.

The side that would give him the best option, that would give him the higher advantage, but he just knew that right at this moment, he didn't seem to care anymore.

And the person who was doing this to him was right in front of him sleeping.

His inner turmoil with himself ceased at this moment when he came to realize, he, Akashi Seijuro was having weak and petty thoughts that seemed to be meaningless and never did him any good.

He was someone that was strong, who never needed to depend on anybody but himself. He learned the hard way that the only person you can really trust is yourself. The world is a big place full of people who are only meant to betray and hurt others and he doesn't need people like that in his life.

He was better off by himself. Where no one can reach him or try to surpass him.

The reason and desire for winning was to make sure his opponents knew his full intentions, his personality, and goals so they learn to be afraid of him. Learn that they can't surpass him because they all need to learn that they're vulnerable pests who did nothing but run and cower at his mere presence.

When someone knows and fully acknowledges you for who you are then all they do is distance themselves from you because they are afraid of what you are capable of.

They're afraid of something they're not used to and will never try to understand you. That's a lie he knew that was fabricated in this world for weak people out there to feel they don't need to change.

In this world you have to change to be accepted into a fragile and made up society. If you can't learn to keep up then all you can do is learn to change or eventually be discarded left with that unsatisfying feeling that no one will ever accept you.

These feelings he felt were discarded as he looked at the sleeping figure and scoffed. How could someone like this sleep in a place like this where he is so openly exposed to everyone else in the world.

He felt utterly disgusted, yet he knew somewhere inside him he can't help but feel a bit envious. Because he knew that the people who are able to fully expose themselves to the world, were the people who were able to be themselves.

He quickly left the classroom, and for a moment forgetting why he was here in the first place.

While on his search for Ryota, he felt the soft breeze of the wind and calmly looked towards the open window of the classroom he was in before.

He noticed the sleeping individual still there and noticed how he was holding his breath the entire time.

He quickly pretended that didn't happen and continued his search for Ryota, wanting to ask him who was the person in the classroom.

He felt his interest peek at the mysterious boy and quickened his pace wanting to know who the person that seemed to cause him to have such weak feelings in the first place.

That warm feeling seemed to well up in his chest and for once in a long time, he felt excited.