Speak.

Amelia's P.o.v.

"Ami? W-Who's Caesar?" Grace whispered to me as I reached my hand up towards the young apes face. I widened my eyes, trying to make my vision a little less blurry so I could see as if this ape represented his father at all as I placed my hand on his face.

"We can't go with you."

Some hoots from other Apes could be heard behind the son of Caesar which made me slightly nervous. I didn't know how many there were. How was I supposed to know if one was angered, if me and Grace could defend ourselves.

"Ami...Ami go where? Where can't we go?"

"We'll move our camp if we have to, a mile or two down..." I trailed off and turned towards the noise of the rushing water.

"...But that's all we'll do." I regained my train of thought and turned towards the blurry figure that was before me.

The silence in the full area filled my ears as I stood with my fingers pointing down towards the knife in my boot.

"Go...Then..."

I froze in my tracks as the voice rang through out the silence and shocked me beyond repair.

"O-okay." I stuttered and listened as the apes all jumped back up to the tress, gripping onto the branches and swinging back into the deep forest.

I waited til I couldn't hear anymore rustling before exhaling deeply, all the tension leaving my body as my legs wabbled and I turned to where assumed Grace was standing.

"W-We need to start p-packing up now..." I mumbled towards her and grazed my hands against the bench, leading my way towards our tents.

"Did...Did he just speak, Ami?!"

I stumbled along the rocky path, the dirt underneath me wet as I grabbed onto Gracie's arm.

"Jesus, much longer are we going to walk for Ami?" Grace complained as we walked along the path, the cool wind was still embracing me every so often.

"Only like 5 minuets, how long has it been?"

"Like an hour and a half, Ami."

"Yeah, like 5 minuets, or until we find a clearing." I answered and widened my eyes once again, allowing the rain to drip down my face and making my natural waves come out for noticeably.

I felt my legs getting more and more strained as we pressed on, we hadn't stopped to take one break sense we made on our way but I guess that was out own faults for being so paranoid that if we stopped we'd get a spear to the neck by an ape or something.

"Right there, Right there. Here's a clearing." Grace said, trying to Gide the excitement in her voice as she lead me to the small clearing which I could just barely make out.

It was small, big enough for our tent and a fire pit. It was still by the river so we could fish and swim but the water was much less loud which have me the assumption that the current wasn't strong at all. We were at the deep end.

"I'll set the tent up her and we can put the fire pit here...its looking like a plan to me!" Grace said with a smile and too the tent bag from my hands before pulling the tent out and began to set it up.

I dropped down to my hands and knees, reaching my hands out to makes sure I would fall into the river. I tilted my head at the feeling of wood, causing me to turn my head back towards Grace.

"Hey...is there a dock right here?"

"Yeah, probably goes out 15 to 25 feet. Its wobbly though so be careful." Grace commented as she hammered the stakes into the wet ground.

I nodded and stood up with shaky legs, my hands wet from the grass but I could still feel the blood on my hands.

I stumbled across the dock, stopping at step 18 before getting back on my hands and knees, crawling to the end of the dock and sitting up.

I breathed in the thick smell of rain and pine trees as I leaned my hands into the water, cleaning the apes blood off of my hands ams drying them off on my shorts.

It was getting cold, and I was sure as hell going to get sick if I didn't change out of my damp shorts, T-shirt and black jacket but I didn't really have any other options.

"I'm done with the tent, wanna help me setup the sleeping bags and lanterns and shit?" Grace called from the other end of the dock as I put my hand up and nodded.

It was so much more quiet here than the last camp site which could only mean we had to be way farther from everyone else and who knows how far away from the Apes we were. Hell, we could have just moved closer to there home.

I stood up and turned, making my way towards Grace when I heard the most blood curdling sound I'd heard all month.

"Ami..."

"Wait, sh..."

The sound of apes screeching and hooted followed quickly after the gunshot and I let out a deep sign, letting my arms fall to my side with spite.

One of the apes.

Another human shot one of the other apes.